Keep criminals out of your home

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Keep criminals out of your home

The South African Police Service released its crime statistics today, which show that in the year to March 2019 there were 22,431 cases of robbery at residential properties.

Dialdirect Insurance has warned that South Africans need to be vigilant to avoid becoming a victim of crime, and has suggested several steps homeowners can take to protect themselves.

WAslayer

Expert Member
"A sturdy perimeter wall or palisade fence that not only offers privacy, but also acts as a first line of defence."

I wouldn't make it private.. that just prevents neighbors from being able to see whether or not some criminal may be walking around your property..

surface

Executive Member
"A sturdy perimeter wall or palisade fence that not only offers privacy, but also acts as a first line of defence."

I wouldn't make it private.. that just prevents neighbors from being able to see whether or not some criminal may be walking around your property..
We live in a complex. Avoid thy neighbor is the first commandment.

surface

Executive Member
Lived in same house for 10 years. Don't know any of the neighbours (just a casual wave) or been in any of their houses :laugh:
haha - I swear when we moved in and in the first AGM meeting, we invited 3-4 people with specific date - everyone said 'yeah of course we must make a plan' - no one turned up. I wonder if this is just Jozi experience.

Reactions: ES1

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
What the fek is a CCTV system going to actually achieve? So you can watch the video of them breaking in and stealing your shyte?

As for the Armed Response... I personally am very wary of that aspect (at least in terms of letting my insurance company know about it)...

supersunbird

Honorary Master

These ClearVu fences (topped with electric fencing) are very secure...

supersunbird

Honorary Master
What the fek is a CCTV system going to actually achieve? So you can watch the video of them breaking in and stealing your shyte?

As for the Armed Response... I personally am very wary of that aspect (at least in terms of letting my insurance company know about it)...
You partner (if traveling together) or yourself can check your CCTV before arriving home to see if all is in order. When the dogs bark, or whatever other alert goes off,, you can check for the cause without leaving the safety of your residence.

surface

Executive Member
There is potential in this conspiracy theory.
Indeed. Just imagine.
If burglaries will ever come down, it is going to be little by little. The ANC government is making lots of VAT from replacing the stolen items.
ANC also benefits from genocide because if you kill people (like all from a family), who owns their property? State. Whose government is it?

And roads, if they get completely damaged, who benefits from tenders?
public property, completely destroyed, who benefits?
rising food prices, more tax, who benefits?
junk status, who benefits?
lost rugby match, who benefits?