KFC store punishes employees for not meeting Add Hope targets

Technically it is not food. And they know it.
but still they throw it away, don't they?
ever work in a restaurant? seen how much food goes to waste? its CRIMINAL!!!!

instead KFC begs its OWN customers to pay EXTRA to donate, like WTF???

why? I think its better, imagine if KFC did that?
donate unsold Chicken to charity, instead of dumping it in the garbage.
Sometimes their fresh chicken isn't even that fresh any more. Kfc is the only restaurant that I have gotten food poisoning at. And I'm not afraid of random street food.

You cannot stockpile that shít until the end of the week and ship it off to hungry children. They will die. It is much easier to sell the old chicken. And donate a bag of mielie meel.

Last edited:
Had that at the drive through in Rosettenville. They want you to wait before the collection windows magnetic strip on the road so it does not show the long wait for the order at the pick-up window.
It reminds me of the one Nedbank branch here where they had people wait inside the branch at a designated area, only to later allow people to get a ticket, thereby manipulating the queue management system.

It's not a big deal if wait times do not form part of important KPI's though.

I would throw it away as well. It's really junk and will kill people.

Sometimes there fresh chicken isn't even that fresh any more. Kfc is the only restaurant that I have gotten food poisoning at. And I'm not afraid of random street food.

You cannot stockpile that shít until the end of the week and ship it off to hungry children. They will die. It is much easier to sell the old chicken. And donate a bag of mielie meel.
okay, fair point, but you do see my point,
begging money from customers is not the answer, they throw tons of food away, besides Chicken,
all that burger toppings, Mashed potatos, Cheese, and lets not forget Drink mixes they go through.

a KFC goes through tons of food, and especially in a busy period they will literally fill Garbage cans with tons of food
donate that ****, all those stale mini loafs, all those stale flatbread, donate it all,

I would throw it away as well. It's really junk and will kill people.
well even when its fresh it kills people, like @rietrot said,
I personally avoid it like the plague, as I get sick everytime as well and used to love it back in the day.

but if your starving and hungry, and haven't had ANY food whatsoever, instead of rooting through garbage cans looking for a meal,
(how hygienic is that???)
KFC donates it in edible condition to a shelter, where you at least can sleep safely and eat something.

It reminds me of the one Nedbank branch here where they had people wait inside the branch at a designated area, only to later allow people to get a ticket, thereby manipulating the queue management system.

It's not a big deal if wait times do not form part of important KPI's though.
they still do it everywhere, surprised they dont hire a bunch of Indians to watch the cameras inside and outside the store to do metrics,
as that will be harder to fool.

okay, fair point, but you do see my point,
begging money from customers is not the answer, they throw tons of food away, besides Chicken,
all that burger toppings, Mashed potatos, Cheese, and lets not forget Drink mixes they go through.

a KFC goes through tons of food, and especially in a busy period they will literally fill Garbage cans with tons of food
donate that ****, all those stale mini loafs, all those stale flatbread, donate it all,
There's actually less waste than what you think. Waste is a loss and bad. I know someone who worked at KFC and they have very strict targets to limit waste.

There's actually less waste than what you think. Waste is a loss and bad. I know someone who worked at KFC and they have very strict targets to limit waste.
obviously, Waste is bad, somebody paid for it and the store makes a loss,
but still there is some, especially if its gotten cold or wasn't sold, or end of the day stuff,
not all of it is Chicken, not all of it is toxic and will kill people, some of it is still edible.

why cant KFC donate that? instead of begging money from people,
or for the really toxic stuff, why cant they do what cruise ships do, grind it up into fertilizer, and feed plants with it,

I mean look at a Cruise ship, they take on thousands of passengers and tons of food, for all those buffets,
not all of it gets eaten, after accounting for it with the sophisticated telemetry system they have, they grind it up and mix it into the wastewater that gets pumped overboard.

instead why cant they keep the edible stuff to donate? same like the cruise ships when they get to port,
I hate it when these mega-corporations make such a song and dance about helping poor people with Money,

Why doesn't kfc just add R2 to their prices. Nobody will notice or complain.

People here know I’ve been very vocal with the Add Hope jobbie + my approach.

Extremely active thread + poll le combo:

well even when its fresh it kills people

Have you stopped taking some form of medication that was prescribed for you?

People here know I’ve been very vocal with the Add Hope jobbie + my approach.

Extremely active thread + poll le combo:

Everything is not about you.

Multi-billion-dollar global corporation punishing their staff because they cannot con customers into paying a little more for overpriced junk food.

What a time to be alive.

oh lol.
Do you think they give the poor kids KFC ?

No, they give them real food, you can't give people with malnourishment secondhand KFC.

Multi-billion-dollar global corporation punishing their staff because they cannot con customers into paying a little more for overpriced junk food.

What a time to be alive.
Well it seems to have been only one store, so probably just an idiot minimum wage "manager" behind it.

Very shitty to threaten people's jobs with it though.

Being old school, I hate their in-shop self-service terminals, preferring human interaction to place orders at the counter. Yet another way for KFC to cut overheads (salaries) in favor of such terminals.

Back