Khayelitsha spinach queen Ncumisa Mkabile seeks help after criminals destroy greenhouses

Currantly

Expert Member
Cape Town - Khayelitsha spinach queen Ncumisa Mkabile is appealing to the public to help her raise funds to restore her greenhouse after it was vandalised on Monday evening by a group of unknown criminals.

After her inspiring success with her spinach farm last year, Mkabile had ventured into farming green peppers. The peppers were located in the greenhouse which was unfortunately targeted by a group of unscrupulous vandals.

“When we arrived to work on Tuesday morning, we were met with a devastating sight. Our greenhouse had been torn down and vandalised during the evening, so quietly that even our colleague who lives on the farm had not heard anything.”

“I had recently put my all into building that greenhouse, my savings, time, and effort. I had just invested in the netting and infrastructure, thinking it would last for a while at least and now that’s gone. It’s very a very painful and discouraging experience.”

Linky

Mekon

Expert Member
I am thinking some people are jealous about her success. So they need to bring her down to their level.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I am thinking some people are jealous about her success. So they need to bring her down to their level.
You'd think stealing some spinach and leaving the place intact so that you can steal again tomorrow would be the most important thing.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Plausible.

Or competition. Some people are in business but have no idea how to run it. Taxi industry is prime example.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I read this yesterday. Sad, I can relate to her experience.

People like this who deserves government support. My suspicion is sabotage, and it was targeted where it would emotionally hurt.