Kid taken by woman

marbro

What the ****, Smack the childthief upside the head , pin her down and call security... Dont just stand there

Reactions: ES1

Gyre

Unbelievable the arrogance of that pos, saying she just made a joke.

Maybe it was? people can have bad sense of humors, people often joke with my kid and think they're being cute or funny. Judging from the news story, it seemed that the person that picked up the child and was walking out the door was waiting at the till for other people.

Can they at least show motive? I agree that if it was a joke, it was in bad taste but I cannot see a person grocery shopping and kidnapping kids on the side.

nivek

Executive Member
Maybe it was? people can have bad sense of humors, people often joke with my kid and think they're being cute or funny. Judging from the news story, it seemed that the person that picked up the child and was walking out the door was waiting at the till for other people.

Can they at least show motive? I agree that if it was a joke, it was in bad taste but I cannot see a person grocery shopping and kidnapping kids on the side.

Zuma and Ace should try that one in court too, "it was just a joke, we were going to return all the money"

netstrider

Expert Member

Doesn't matter.

No one has the right to pick up another person's child in a public place, or anywhere for that matter, without express consent from the parent(s).

That to me is enough "motive".

Sollie

Honorary Master

Too much info to make it a joke. Being constantly around the mom, bumping into her ... that's a typical MO used for pick pocketing, bag snatching etc. Widely acknowledged in the security industry. Also looking at the video, the moment the mom turned her back, it was a rush and grab.

If it was my kid, the snatcher would have had such a hard PK she'd need plastic surgery and a donor head to move her ear back to it's original position.

Acid0

Expert Member

Unfortunately there is some jokes in bad taste and then there is jokes you just NEVER do.
This is one of those jokes, our country has seen enough kidnappings that you dont joke wit this sort of thing and then the COVID social distancing comes into play as well.

Gyre

Doesn't matter.

No one has the right to pick up another person's child in a public place, or anywhere for that matter, without express consent from the parent(s).

That to me is enough "motive".

I agree, just think it was more idiotic than ill-intent.

Gyre

Unfortunately there is some jokes in bad taste and then there is jokes you just NEVER do.
This is one of those jokes, our country has seen enough kidnappings that you dont joke wit this sort of thing and then the COVID social distancing comes into play as well.

I agree, it was completely unacceptable but from the news story, it appears that it wasn't her intent when going shopping and that she didn't have a plan afterwards.

Creag

The Boar's Rock

When it comes to my children, there is no such thing a joke, poor judgement or whatever you want to call it. For me, this is akin to some critter shouting hijack on a plane. I have experienced what it is like to lose a child for a few minutes in a crowded place. I have never ever felt more desperate or greater dread. Touch my child and threaten their safety, I see shades darker than mahogany. Call it over reaction. It is what it is.

Mila

Honorary Master
I have found lost kids ( shopping malls and outside venues ) and just walking with them to find their moms makes me feel creepy. I always worry someone think I’m trying to take them.

as a poster ( can not remember who) once said: why would you take a kid have you seen the running cost on one of those.

you don’t say or do things like that.