Kid taken by woman

Cr4ig

Honorary Master
Nobody is denying what you're saying. However, the examples you give are not really age appropriate for a three year old. You yourself mention school. At best "stove hot" and "don't pull the dogs ears" will apply to a three year old. Trying to expect a three year old to learn more than that is simply not realistic.

Do you really think something positive could come from you debating with the local village idiot? Read his posts throughout this thread, he is clueless on kids.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Nobody is denying what you're saying. However, the examples you give are not really age appropriate for a three year old. You yourself mention school. At best "stove hot" and "don't pull the dogs ears" will apply to a three year old. Trying to expect a three year old to learn more than that is simply not realistic.
so let me turn the question around, at what age would you expect kind to develop some common sense,
and not get led away by strangers?

bear in mind I'm not a parent (yet)

Sollie

Honorary Master
so let me turn the question around, at what age would you expect kind to develop some common sense,
and not get led away by strangers?

bear in mind I'm not a parent (yet)
I actually answered that previously. About two to three years later, when they are getting school ready. At the primary stage you teach a kid much simpler things.

OT: But then again, we have the ANC Youth league, so I may be wrong.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I actually answered that previously. About two to three years later, when they are getting school ready. At the primary stage you teach a kid much simpler things.

OT: But then again, we have the ANC Youth league, so I may be wrong.
fair enough point, but then let me ask this then,
if you see at age 3 what kids are taught already, (numbers, colours, shape sect) far more than I ever was at the same age,
it stands to reason, that something like dont talk to strangers should be something they should also be taught.

or again, its not something that many parents consider, or dont take much of an interest in.

Flanders

Honorary Master
You protect my kid like that I'll not only buy you a case of beer, I'll kick anyone in the **** trying any of that last mentioned stuff on you. The security there should've kicked that cow in the face.

I don't have kids but if that happened in front of me to someone else's child and I did nothing I think it's something that would haunt me.

The issue of course is that it would be very difficult to assess the situation conclusively from an outsider's perspective and especially so in this situation where the woman was cunning enough to not immediately run with the child.

Sollie

Honorary Master
fair enough point, but then let me ask this then,
if you see at age 3 what kids are taught already, (numbers, colours, shape sect) far more than I ever was at the same age,
it stands to reason, that something like dont talk to strangers should be something they should also be taught.

or again, its not something that many parents consider, or dont take much of an interest in.
You can try, but it probably won't stick. Also, who is a stranger? Secret words won't help. "Our secret word is Polly". At three years the child simply does not have the cognitive ability . There are so many simpler more likely dangers you have to teach them about, protect them from. Two to three years on - sure.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
You can try, but it probably won't stick. Also, who is a stranger? Secret words won't help. "Our secret word is Polly". At three years the child simply does not have the cognitive ability . There are so many simpler more likely dangers you have to teach them about, protect them from. Two to three years on - sure.
Parents knocking common sense into a toddler.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
thats part of the problem, teach your kids, and at the very least they would say something/do something not just walk away when somebody takes their hand.
and if you catch the m***** f**** tell somebody, let somebody know, dont just let them walk away like nothing happened.

its kidnapping, pure and simple,
as a casual observer, it looks to me they target "slow" kids, who either havent been taught a thousand times Dont walk away with strangers,
As kids, we were taught not to cross the road in front of our school. We were taught not to accept gifts from strangers, or accept lifts from anyone. While a kid can resist the urge to do the things above, there's not much they can do in a situation where they're snatched and thrown into a car

Last edited:

eg2505

Honorary Master
As kids, we were taught not to cross the in front of our school. We were taught not to accept gifts from strangers, or accept lifts from anyone. While a kid can resist the urge to do the things above, there's not much they can do if a situation where they're snatched and thrown into a car
I can understand that, so then what is the solution?
teach your kids to scream when somebody they dont know grabs their hand, giving you warning to go and bliksem them afterwards.

what else? I mean its not like they put a rag with cloroform round their mouth and knock them out while kidnapping them.
what else can one do? if they too young to learn not to go with strangers?
stick one of those GPS watches onto their wrist? that they cant easily remove?

thugs will just chop off their limbs.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I can understand that, so then what is the solution?
teach your kids to scream when somebody they dont know grabs their hand, giving you warning to go and bliksem them afterwards.

what else? I mean its not like they put a rag with cloroform round their mouth and knock them out while kidnapping them.
what else can one do? if they too young to learn not to go with strangers?
stick one of those GPS watches onto their wrist? that they cant easily remove?

thugs will just chop off their limbs.
For 3 year olds, best bet is to keep an eye on them

Last edited:

eg2505

Honorary Master
Not everyone is intelligent like you at age of 3
I wasn't smart, I just stayed away from anything I didn't know,
and constantly asked questions, and didn't believe things, something that has stuck with me into adulthood.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I wasn't smart, I just stayed away from anything I didn't know,
and constantly asked questions, and didn't believe things, something that has stuck with me into adulthood.
But did you have strength to fight off snatchers?

eg2505

Honorary Master
But did you have strength to fight off snatchers?
no, I would have yelled a warning, and probably tried to wriggle free, especially if it was in a surprise.
also at that age, I wasn't far away from my Folks, who would have loved to bliksem the guy/girl who tried that sh*t with me.