Kid taken by woman

Sollie

Honorary Master
Parents knocking common sense into a toddler.
Tiger moms are real. :eek:

I wonder how much of that will stick or makes sense, or will only later? Of course, in grade 1 we learnt crossing a street as a rhyme, "Look right, look left, look right again". Later on common sense kicked in. Probably becuase I got which side was left and which was right. :p

Sollie

Honorary Master
For 3 year olds, best bet is to keep an eye on them
Tbh, two eyes are not always enough. I'm surprised that humans haven't evolved a set in the back of their heads.

With my two, when they were small, if you could hear them things were okay. You unconciously tuned in into what was going on. When the whispering or silenced started, you got there quick.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

I wonder how much of that will stick or makes sense, or will only later? Of course, in grade 1 we learnt crossing a street as a rhyme, "Look right, look left, look right again". Later on common sense kicked in. Probably becuase I got which side was left and which was right. :p
It's a struggle since the kid doesn't fully understand what danger is yet.

abzob

Honorary Master

I came in here all self-aggrandizing to tell you that it’s actually “left, right, left again” but then I paused and realized why I’ve been almost knocked down so many times.

Sollie

Honorary Master
I came in here all self-aggrandizing to tell you that it’s actually “left, right, left again” but then I paused and realized why I’ve been almost knocked down so many times.
If you say so. :laugh:

Tbh, I can't remember what it was. I managed to figure it out later. Still later common sense applied instinctively. How fast/far/...

However, I nearly did a no-no in Geneva once with a tram: it went the wrong way (driver must have been French).

Kieppie

Expert Member

That rhyme will get you killed in countries where they drive on the "right" side

Damn I see @abzob beat me to it

Sollie

Honorary Master
Do you really think something positive could come from you debating with the local village idiot? Read his posts throughout this thread, he is clueless on kids.
Well, my daughter was young once. Also knew better. My revenge came the day she had her own son. Some of what I had said stuck and was used. ;)

abzob

Honorary Master
Looks like a lot of us learnt it the wrong way.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
If you say so. :laugh:

Tbh, I can't remember what it was. I managed to figure it out later. Still later common sense applied instinctively. How fast/far/...

However, I nearly did a no-no in Geneva once with a tram: it went the wrong way (driver must have been French).
It's right, left then right again. It was drummed into our heads in primary school but some kids still ignored it.

scudsucker

Executive Member
Nobody is denying what you're saying. However, the examples you give are not really age appropriate for a three year old. You yourself mention school. At best "stove hot" and "don't pull the dogs ears" will apply to a three year old. Trying to expect a three year old to learn more than that is simply not realistic.
I can tell that you do not have a three year old. They are not that stupid.
You can try, but it probably won't stick. Also, who is a stranger? Secret words won't help. "Our secret word is Polly". At three years the child simply does not have the cognitive ability . There are so many simpler more likely dangers you have to teach them about, protect them from. Two to three years on - sure.
I have a 3yr old child. He's absolutely able to differentiate between "safe" and "unsafe". Possibly his cognitive ability is inherited, or, more likely, you are talking kak.

rvZA

Expert Member
Should have killed that woman right there and then. Cut her throat or shot her through the back of her head.

Cr4ig

Honorary Master
Yes, rv. Violence is always the answer.*

* at least, in your online games it is.

In this case it would be well deserved though. Can you imagine how traumatizing that would've been for the kid if it even survived this.

scudsucker

Executive Member
In this case it would be well deserved though. Can you imagine how traumatizing that would've been for the kid if it even survived this.
In that situation a parent would retrieve their child and immediately remove them from the situation.

Posturing about beating the kidnapper is merely presenting an imaginary wannabe image.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I can tell that you do not have a three year old. They are not that stupid.

I have a 3yr old child. He's absolutely able to differentiate between "safe" and "unsafe". Possibly his cognitive ability is inherited, or, more likely, you are talking kak.

Yes, rv. Violence is always the answer.*

* at least, in your online games it is.
1620146591859.png

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
In that situation a parent would retrieve their child and remove them from the situation.

Posturing about beating the kidnapper is merely presenting an imaginary wannabe image.
Oh so you're just a badass on here...with a blackbelt in keyboard.

When someone takes your kid in real life "you'll remove it from the situation".....

:rolleyes:

scudsucker

Executive Member
Oh so you're just a badass on here...with a blackbelt in keyboard.

When someone takes your kid in real life "you'll remove it from the situation".....

:rolleyes:
No, MightyQuin. Not at all.

You seem to have some reading difficulties.

In that situation, I would remove my child (and myself) immediately, and move as far away as possible.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master