King Zwelithini’s trust keeps people poor

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
Fun fact is that the Python programming language was named for Monty Python.

So go ahead and watch them.
The fascinating stuff that you learn here ...
Why I keep on coming back -- and of course the -- so entertaining posters :)

I am afraid these days mirth , humour , and laughter have deserted me
The only Monty I can bear watching these days is -- Monty DON

Temujin

Honorary Master
Back to school for you
To study the Arthurian legends ...you have the story back to front !
Excalibur was riven in a stone -- NO-ONE could extract it ( The sword in the Stone )
Until King Arthur came along

Upon Arthur's death the sword was thrown into the lake where it was taken into safe-keeping

The legends of King Arthur

There is of course a LOT more -- once one is able to progress beyond the -- allegory !
Nope... Excalibur was forged by the lady of the lake after the sword he pulled from the stone broke in battle and was tossed in lake... its just become 'acceptable' when people call the sword in the stone excalibur as most make the mistake, but its not the same sword

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Nope... Excalibur was forged by the lady of the lake after the sword he pulled from the stone broke in battle and was tossed in lake... its just become 'acceptable' when people call the sword in the stone excalibur as most make the mistake, but its not the same sword

Seriously? I had nfi :oops:

Cray

Honorary Master
100%, seems MidnightWizard should watch more Monty Python :D

Temujin

Honorary Master
Seriously? I had nfi :oops:
Well, can let historians duke it out on versions of the tale, but society is brainwashed(due to movies etc) so when they hear 'sword in the stone' and hear 'excalibur' and automatically remember it as 'arthur pulled excalibur from the stone'... when no, not correct, there are two swords in the story, stone sword, which broke in batttle, and replaced with excalibur, which was forged by lady of lake... question now is did she just reforge broken one into a new sword, or make a new sword /shrug :unsure:

Cray

Honorary Master
Well, can let historians duke it out on versions of the tale, but society is brainwashed(due to movies etc) so when they hear 'sword in the stone' and hear 'excalibur' and automatically remember it as 'arthur pulled excalibur from the stone'... when no, not correct, there are two swords in the story, stone sword, which broke in batttle, and replaced with excalibur, which was forged by lady of lake... question now is did she just reforge broken one into a new sword, or make a new sword /shrug :unsure:
I always thought it was an entirely different sword, which is also why Arthur has Sir Bedivere throw it back into the lake when he was mortally wounded, Excalibur was never truly "his", the Lady allowed him to use it during his lifetime.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
Indeed -- different writers / different times / different interpretations of the legends

It seems then, there is no truth readily available. If the real Excalibur did come from the stone, later stories of the magic sword breaking seem incompatible. If the sword from the stone breaking is thought true, the replacement from the lake is needed. Caliburn was forged in Avallon but how it came to Arthur’s hand is not stated. If you want to believe all the legends, the existence of two swords is a requirement.

Ancient Origins

However all this talk of Kings and commoners is detracting us -- from PRINCESSES
What are "Knights" for after all ?

Princess Märtha Louise of Norway (born 22 September 1971) is the only daughter and elder child of King Harald V and Queen Sonja. Author:Frankie FouganthinCC BY-SA 3.0

Princess Märtha Louise of Norway (born 22 September 1971) is the only daughter and elder child of King Harald V and Queen Sonja.

Temujin

Honorary Master
I always thought it was an entirely different sword, which is also why Arthur has Sir Bedivere throw it back into the lake when he was mortally wounded, Excalibur was never truly "his", the Lady allowed him to use it during his lifetime.
Yes, thats my understanding too... but as said, historians need to duke that out. She calls it by name 'excalibur'... makes no sense for her to reforge and then name it, she would say, here I fixed your dumbass weak sword, excalibur however as you said, is a 'loan'

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Potentially major development:

Absolutely bloody awesome development.

Should be the first step towards dissolving that damn trust in my opinion... Everyone should get title deeds from their PTO's and be done with this "customary law land tenure" crap.

Solarion

Honorary Master
But King Goodwill Zwelithini, instead of meaningfully engaging with the grievances raised by people who live on the land administered by the Trust, has again taken a defensive stance and said that the land would not be taken from the Zulu kingdom

Yes and they kill mining bosses to prove it.

Richards Bay Minerals GM assassinated

eMpembeni mirrors the scourge of mining-related assassinations in KZN

Trouble began in eMpembeni in 2017, when residents raised queries about surveyors seen operating in the area. The local traditional authority, which falls under the Ingonyama Trust, subsequently told the community that some residents would need to relocate for what they described as an oil-development project which had been “approved by the King”, seemingly a reference to the Zulu monarch King Goodwill Zwelithini, the sole trustee of the Ingonyama Trust Board. The Ingonyama Trust is an entity formed in 1994 ostensibly for the “benefit, material welfare and social wellbeing of the tribes and communities” living within the boundaries of the apartheid-era KwaZulu Bantustan.

Full Article

ANC just wants their cut of the mining land hence targeting Zwelithini. But yeah, obviously soooo concerned for the poor though :laugh::)

air

Expert Member
Ala FcukThePoor, top drawer stuff gents, as you were. Don't forget to vote in the cunts that have their boot on your throat.