King Zwelithini: We will defend ourselves on land

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
And SHTIT typed in CAPS is SO MUCH more EFFECTIVE and YUMMY that just DRIVES YOUR POINT home.
You forget the bold... It's more impressive that way... I grt the impression of a gay eyetalian trying to tell a funny story.

rambo919

Expert Member
BINGO

MORE low IQ nonsense
There was NO "great British mistake"
There WAS a -- NATIONAL CONVENTION
In which a SELF_GOVERNING Transvaal and Orange Free Sate plus Natal and the Cape sent delegates who speaking on behalf of their constituents AGREED to a UNION
The UNION of South Africa was a VOLUNTARY act of the four territories of Southern Africa
ALL that the British did was oversee the process.............
I would just like to point out that the last time those supposedly independent areas disagreed with Britain regarding territorial policy there was a war...... there is no proof as to how voluntary it actually was. Similarly SA troops were "volunteered" for service in both world wars whether they liked it or not.

furpile

Expert Member
BRITAIN -- is a CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCHY
They STILL have political parties
WHY do you think that KZN would be ANY different ?
And what makes you think the zulu kingdom will be a constitutional monarchy? That is not how the zulu kings managed in the past and I am pretty sure they will not start now. The king has the final say, with some chiefs below him to manage their smaller areas.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
And what makes you think the zulu kingdom will be a constitutional monarchy? That is not how the zulu kings managed in the past and I am pretty sure they will not start now. The king has the final say, with some chiefs below him to manage their smaller areas.
They can still change to a constitutional monarchy if the people support it and there's a political will to go that route.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
They can still change to a constitutional monarchy if the people support it and there's a political will to go that route.
The people would be told what to support, and there would never be political will to give the people any sort of real power under a Zulu monarchy.

I can only imagine it constantly grates at that useless twat that he is but a figure head and has no real power in this country except over his subjects to a certain degree.

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
I would just like to point out that the last time those supposedly independent areas disagreed with Britain regarding territorial policy there was a war...... there is no proof as to how voluntary it actually was. Similarly SA troops were "volunteered" for service in both world wars whether they liked it or not.
I am afraid your post is rather obtuse -- WHAT is this "last-time" ?

Both my Grandfather as well as my Uncle VOLUNTEERED -- to fight in the WWII ( my Grandfather in the WWI as well )
As far as I am aware there was NO compulsion -- one also had to volunteer to serve overseas ( North Africa and Europe )

Unlike the Boers that had signed the oath of neutrality and were then FORCED by the "Bittereinders"to pick up the gun again.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
You must also be of the group of Africans with the common low IQ
ANY "Zulu" secession will lead to a very unnecessary shedding of blood , be quite unsuccessful , AND encourage foreign intervention.
In any case WHAT leads you to the conclusion that -- his Majesty speaks on behalf of ALL Zulu ?
The Zulu -- an artificially constructed group of people have NEVER been completely united -- nor spoken with ONE voice ! -- as numerous internal wars and strife have indicated.
Go read a history book

Urist

Expert Member
Don't really care if the zulu kingdom ends up like switzerland or like swaziland. If the zulus wants their own country let them have it.
It would be a nice precedent for people who want self determination in this fake country.

rambo919

Expert Member
I am afraid your post is rather obtuse -- WHAT is this "last-time" ?

Both my Grandfather as well as my Uncle VOLUNTEERED -- to fight in the WWII ( my Grandfather in the WWI as well )
As far as I am aware there was NO compulsion -- one also had to volunteer to serve overseas ( North Africa and Europe )

Unlike the Boers that had signed the oath of neutrality and were then FORCED by the "Bittereinders"to pick up the gun again.
Uhm the last time before this so called voluntary union?

The British tried to first legally and then by threat of military action force the ZAR to grant the franchise non-citizens in a bid for capturing the state. After the war the capitulation treaty was signed granting the territories future independence..... this never actually happened though partially due to certain Boer political leaders changing ideological sides and then persueing an alternative strategy of getting rid of the British occupation.

Ultimately it worked and the whole union gained independence BUT..... until the union gained independence none of the territories had any actual way of determining official policies unless the British overlords agreed. Whether by conspiracy or oppression.... the positive vote for Union was neither democratic not actually voluntary if you consider everything. Apartheid also could only be put into law with British approval.

During both world wars there was strong opposition to SA troops entering the war (especially on the British side) but many people were conscripted and put on the books as "volunteers" anyway. Some actually did volunteer yes but that does not matter.

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
Oh my goodness --- here we go again BINGO
Another deeply addicted to the Kool-Aid mythology of the terrible dastardly British
With a completely hashed up history

Please as a start could you explain HOW one was known to be a citizen of the ZAR or OVS ?
Did they issue ID books / Passports / Letters of Appointment / Conduct a Census
Seeing as President Paul Kruger was born in the Cape of Good Hope on the farm Bulhoek near Steynsburg
In fact many of the inhabitants of the ZAR came from the Cape
In any case the Boer inhabitants of the ZAR were recent arrivals -- and -- not all that happy ones either
In fact ending up with -- Broedertwis -- that led to Civil War and casualties -- die Boere het mekaar dood geskiet

The sudden appearance of the Volksleger surprised Kruger and he entrenched most of his men behind the Swartkoppies near the present day Brits. On Tuesday 5 January one of his patrols ran into the vanguard of the Volksleger. The Viljoen men immediately gave chase and Kruger’s men fell back towards the Swartkoppies where the rest of the Staatsleger was waiting.

The first casualty was Cmdt Johannes Enslin of the Staatsleger who was shot as he lowered his rifle after someone of the Volksleger shouted: “Don’t shoot! Let’s talk!” After that a deadly skirmish ensued in which another ten burghers were killed. On the side of the Volksleger field cornet M W Pretorius (Swart Martiens), provisional field cornet Sybrand du Preez, Piet de la Rey, Willem Bester, Jan Marais and Philip Minnaar and his young son were killed. On the side of the Staatsleger the casualties were Cmdt W J Viljoen (not the commandant general), Cmdt Johannes Enslin and Philippus Snyman. Fourteen burghers of the Volksleger and about eight of the Staatsleger were wounded.

The war that history wants to forget

Kruger did not want to let the Uitlanders get the vote as he would have then have possibly been voted out -- it is known as DEMOCRACY !

There was NO capitulation -- there WAS a NEGOTIATED SURRENDER

Please read this book -- especially the last three chapters

Through shot and flame : the adventures and experiences of J. D. Kestell

J D Kestell was a dominee and adviser and secretary to President Steyn of the OVS

Hy het ’n vriend en adviseur van pres. M.T. Steyn en genl. Christiaan de Wet geword en dié drie het weldra as die Driemanskap van die Vrystaat (die staatsman, die soldaat en die geestelike leier) bekendgestaan.

You will be surprised to discover that according to the Boers from the ZAR and the OVS the Boers of the Cape Colony were NOT regarded as -- "AFRIKANDERS"

In 1906 in the ZAR and 1907 in the ORC the two territories were granted SELF-GOVERNMENT
In the ZAR HET VOLK was led by Smuts and Botha ( Smuts born in the Cape at Riebeeck West and Botha born in Natal near Greytown )
In the ORC the ORANGIA UNIE was led by Fischer , Hertzog , De Wet and Steyn

Both of these parties were free to conduct electioneering throughout these territories

Transvaal Colony

Orange River Colony

I am not going to go into the history of Posts and Customs Convention of 1908 or the National Convention of 1909 as clearly -- as far as you are concerned -- and as far as your knowledge of history is concerted --

"YES BUT THAT DOES NOT MATTER"

rambo919

Expert Member
Oh my goodness --- here we go again BINGO
Another deeply addicted to the Kool-Aid mythology of the terrible dastardly British
With a completely hashed up history

Please as a start could you explain HOW one was known to be a citizen of the ZAR or OVS ?
Did they issue ID books / Passports / Letters of Appointment / Conduct a Census
Seeing as President Paul Kruger was born in the Cape of Good Hope on the farm Bulhoek near Steynsburg
In fact many of the inhabitants of the ZAR came from the Cape
In any case the Boer inhabitants of the ZAR were recent arrivals -- and -- not all that happy ones either
In fact ending up with -- Broedertwis -- that led to Civil War and casualties -- die Boere het mekaar dood geskiet

The sudden appearance of the Volksleger surprised Kruger and he entrenched most of his men behind the Swartkoppies near the present day Brits. On Tuesday 5 January one of his patrols ran into the vanguard of the Volksleger. The Viljoen men immediately gave chase and Kruger’s men fell back towards the Swartkoppies where the rest of the Staatsleger was waiting.

The first casualty was Cmdt Johannes Enslin of the Staatsleger who was shot as he lowered his rifle after someone of the Volksleger shouted: “Don’t shoot! Let’s talk!” After that a deadly skirmish ensued in which another ten burghers were killed. On the side of the Volksleger field cornet M W Pretorius (Swart Martiens), provisional field cornet Sybrand du Preez, Piet de la Rey, Willem Bester, Jan Marais and Philip Minnaar and his young son were killed. On the side of the Staatsleger the casualties were Cmdt W J Viljoen (not the commandant general), Cmdt Johannes Enslin and Philippus Snyman. Fourteen burghers of the Volksleger and about eight of the Staatsleger were wounded.

The war that history wants to forget

Kruger did not want to let the Uitlanders get the vote as he would have then have possibly been voted out -- it is known as DEMOCRACY !

There was NO capitulation -- there WAS a NEGOTIATED SURRENDER

Please read this book -- especially the last three chapters

Through shot and flame : the adventures and experiences of J. D. Kestell

J D Kestell was a dominee and adviser and secretary to President Steyn of the OVS

Hy het ’n vriend en adviseur van pres. M.T. Steyn en genl. Christiaan de Wet geword en dié drie het weldra as die Driemanskap van die Vrystaat (die staatsman, die soldaat en die geestelike leier) bekendgestaan.

You will be surprised to discover that according to the Boers from the ZAR and the OVS the Boers of the Cape Colony were NOT regarded as -- "AFRIKANDERS"

In 1906 in the ZAR and 1907 in the ORC the two territories were granted SELF-GOVERNMENT
In the ZAR HET VOLK was led by Smuts and Botha ( Smuts born in the Cape at Riebeeck West and Botha born in Natal near Greytown )
In the ORC the ORANGIA UNIE was led by Fischer , Hertzog , De Wet and Steyn

Both of these parties were free to conduct electioneering throughout these territories

Transvaal Colony

Orange River Colony

I am not going to go into the history of Posts and Customs Convention of 1908 or the National Convention of 1909 as clearly -- as far as you are concerned -- and as far as your knowledge of history is concerted --

"YES BUT THAT DOES NOT MATTER"
I'm sure there is something of worth in there but your presentation is one of propaganda not information.....