Kingston DataTraveler 4000 review (MyBroadband)

Electron1

Expert Member
Now why have the usb drive manufacturers stopped supplying a write protect switch? - old news I know but the best way to prevent viruses getting on to your usb flash drive. At this price you would expect a write protect switch to be included. Drives with write protect are just not easily available.....

Viva

Expert Member
My 8GB Apacer flashdrive cost R150 with a consistent 10MBps write speed and 20MBps read speed. These Kingston drives are seriously overpriced.

leelo

Yoh, that seems WAY Too expensive and I agree, you could use Truecrypt and get much better performance and experience.

vzta22

The security feature is great but is it worth the price in this case? I can as well protect my document with a password encryption and use the ordinary - economical flash. Besides, if I can download free software to protect my data on a flash which works in exactly the same way as the flash that come with security pre-intalled, I don't see any point in paying a premium for this USB flash.
But then again, there are many non tech people out there who may find this to be a good bargain and go for it. In addition, those who are too lazy or conservative to download free stuff from the internet will find this product attract. Not disregarding the premium tag on the product, it appears that the product will find its position in the market.