Kitkat store on corner of Pretoria and Van Wyk Str

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Hey Guys

I am not impressed, nor happy with that store as one of their guards assaulted my wife today.

Long story short - my wife went today to buy a new hair brush as hers broke.

It scanned for R14.99, but the price on the brush itself was R13.99, and she paid for it (R13.99).

They took the money and refused to give back the till slip.

They told her she have to pay the extra R1.00 whereupon she refused as she paid at the till. She then took her brush and went to the car.

At the car further drama unfolded as the one guard forced her hand against the window, and tried to take the car keys.

They also broke the one container my mother-in-law bought due to their actions.

One of their guards (a lady) tried to climb into the car in order to check the till slip, but my wife managed to pull her out, and told my MIL to close the windows and lock the doors.

A charge was laid at the police station for assault, and photos (and a doctor's examination) is also proof of the assault.

My wife was lucky to have the CPF radio with her as she was able to call for assistance.

I, myself, will be boycotting that specific store.

She is not the first person to be assaulted at that specific store though.

EDIT : the difference in price was due to her not having a Buy-Aid card

Last edited:

biometrics

Honorary Master
Sorry to hear. Can you clarify this though:

It scanned for R14.99, but the price on the brush itself was R13.99, and she paid for it (R13.99).

They took the money and refused to give back the till slip.

They told her she have to pay the extra R1.00 whereupon she refused as she paid at the till. She then took her brush and went to the car.

Helghast

GoldenFinger
Whoa WTF!? But I'm a bit confused.

So she paid the 13.99.. did the cashier accept it but not give her a till slip? Then a guard said she had to pay the R1 extra then she just took the brush and left?

Dixie

NSFW
Sorry to hear, Oom Ook :eek:

We gotta get her up to speed with the ninja training...

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Helg - see edit above.

Seems it make a difference when you got a Buy-Aid card or not.

I'll ask her to give an update (and correct version) from her side when possible.

wily me

Expert Member
Throw the book at them oom ook, out of principle. These power trips of security company employees (and police) must start to end.

azbob

Honorary Master
Sorry to hear. But I'm also a little confused. If the cashier accepted the payment, why are the security guards getting involved? edit: oh the cashier took the payment but didn't give a tillslip so she left the store without a slip and security thought she stole the brush?

Last edited:

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Geez, hardcore bs on their part ..... glad she's ok and glad that a charge was laid. Too often this crap just gets left alone and that's why it gets worse and worse.

Haldex

Expert Member
For R1?
Times are hard hey.

I always thought Kit Kat catered for the rural market, hence their massive range of 'herbal products'
Ridiculously funny!!

I think the security gaurd did the right thing, and that its female on female its fair.
:eek:

Could it not be sorted verbally?

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
For R1?
Times are hard hey.

I always thought Kit Kat catered for the rural market, hence their massive range of 'herbal products'
Ridiculously funny!!

I think the security gaurd did the right thing, and that its female on female its fair.

It was a male guard who assaulted my wife the way he did.

The female one had the cheek to go in the car (our property) ...

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
For R1?
Times are hard hey.

Ridiculously funny!!

Are you for real? Would love to hear your views on if this was your mom or wife or gran ......... some people.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
For R1?
Times are hard hey.

Ridiculously funny!!

You think the security guard was in the right assaulting a customer and then attempting to get into a customers vehicle without permission?!?!?!

Are you serious in making that statement?

FNfal

Executive Member
If the thing is marked R13.99 and she paid R13.99 hmmmmm glad it wasn't me some one would have got severely assaulted if they touch me like that and get in my car ..but i don't think they would do that to a man

wily me

Expert Member
If the thing is marked R13.99 and she paid R13.99 hmmmmm glad it wasn't me some one would have got severely assaulted if they touch me like that and get in my car ..but i don't think they would do that to a man

This!