• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Klerksdorp

Anyone know which suburbs have ADSL (up to what speed) and if possible Fibre?

I have been made an offer to move out to Klerksdorp. It's a pretty sweet deal, just want to make sure if I'll be able to life in that little town or not :eek:

LCBXX

Executive Member
I lived there around 12 years ago, still have some friends there.

If you plan to stay in the north-eastern side of the city you can get VDSL as the nice neighbourhoods are there (Wilkoppies, Flamwood, Doringkruin). DSL is available mostly everywhere but copper length and quality will stifle sync speeds. There are several WISPs; I am not aware of any home-fibre options.

I lived there around 12 years ago, still have some friends there.

If you plan to stay in the north-eastern side of the city you can get VDSL as the nice neighbourhoods are there (Wilkoppies, Flamwood, Doringkruin). DSL is available mostly everywhere but copper length and quality will stifle sync speeds. There are several WISPs; I am not aware of any home-fibre options.
Thanks, will look at Wilkoppies then. It's a contract for about 2 years so will rent. Appreciate the assistance.

Rohan

I can kiss you :D

Jirre, but the rent on houses are not cheap... I'll have to get an apartment I guess. It's only 2 years... :eek:
Flamwood, Wilkoppies and Doringkruin are all expensive, rich suburbs. I stayed in Flamwood for a few years and never had any problems with dsl. Still have several clients in those areas and all are good with dsl there. Not aware of any fibre in the area yet.