Kodi in the sights of anti-piracy group

Kevin Lancaster

MyBroadband Editor
Kodi in the sights of anti-piracy group

The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) is concerned over the “illegal use” of media player application Kodi, Variety reported.

MPAA chairman Christopher Dodd said new-generation piracy sees TV boxes loaded with software that lets viewers access unlicensed content.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Its not Kodi that they should go after, its the sellers who load illegal addons onto the boxes for financial gain. Kodi devs have said countless times, that they do not promote illegal activity on their application.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Are they going to go after TV manufacturers as well? After all, can't watch pirated content without one of those

Baxteen

Honorary Master
alternatively, places like AMazon and Netflix could release an official add on, make money like that.

if they kill Kodi I doubt they will, another software exactly like Kodi will come out, and they will have to start from scratch.

adapt or die, and the people in controll are not acdapting

flarkit

Executive Member
Are they going to go after TV manufacturers as well? After all, can't watch pirated content without one of those
And PC monitor makers and mobile devices, etc etc. Soon we'll be sitting on the stoep, remiscing about the days when we used to watch our favourite non-commercial content.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
alternatively, places like AMazon and Netflix could release an official add on, make money like that.

if they kill Kodi I doubt they will, another software exactly like Kodi will come out, and they will have to start from scratch.

adapt or die, and the people in controll are not acdapting
Of course they are.

The people in control here are the lawyers.

Thor

Honorary Master
This is you guy's fault! All this attention.

I told you stfu. Do not mention the Kodi. Do not mention the add-ons, but NO!

No guys wanted to make a scene is it legal is it illegal this and that.

Dammit guys. First rule of Kodi.