KPMG is covering for Vodacom – Please Call Me “inventor”

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed

Please Call Me “inventor” Kenneth Makate has accused KPMG of participating in a blatant coverup by withholding a forensic report, Business Insider reported.

Makate previously lodged a request with KPMG for certain information contained in a 2008 KPMG forensic report, which he said would assist negotiations between himself and Vodacom.

Sl8er

Executive Member

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Kawak

KPMG in a cover-up?!!? Really?!

But seriously though, dude just admitted to wanting to black mail Vodacom, who are your lawyers? Amateurs!

McT

The Humble Scot!

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
It's hard not to think KMPG is in some way complicit. Their integrity is more porous than a storm grate.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Vodacom reportedly made a settlement offer of R10 million to Makate earlier this year, which he dismissed as a “pittance”.
Good frigging grief :wtf:

R.V

Banned
Yep, see no reason why this would not be the truth. KPMG has proven to be an unethical business practice and their involvement in criminal activities time and again. Then again, also shows the type of company Vodacom holds. Doubt any other auditing institution would ever clear them.

Arthur

Honorary Master
That's because he owes his lawyers R9.98m. :p

Personally, I find this whole case very distasteful. It's not like Makate invented anything. The courts should have dismissed his case.

Grubscrew

Expert Member
That's because he owes his lawyers R9.98m.

Personally, I find this whole case very distasteful. It's not like Makate invented anything. The courts should have dismissed his case.
But the courts have decided that he has a legitimate claim. Even after appeals...

Eti1

Expert Member
Yes I know. But courts can and do err. My own view is the court erred in this case.
On what basis? Guy agrees to sell something to company, company agrees to compensate him, company later refuses. Where is the error?