Kudos to Afrihost and Openserve in Irene

Gimli

The Openserve fibre coverage map indicated that we have fibre available on 1 April (it was not an april fools joke). I put in an order on 2 April with Afrihost for 20mbps uncapped fibre. On Friday morning I got a call from Openserve informing me that they were coming to install my fibre. I rushed home to give them my instructions etc. They started the job and had the lines in by Friday afternoon and told me they were coming back 8am on Saturday. Also on Friday my new router was delivered by courier courtesy of Afrihost. I was surprised when they were actually at my gate on Saturday, on time as promised. They completed the splicing and testing and by 11am I was on the line to Afrihost to activate my account. 12 am Saturday my new connection was up and running.

I was expecting a 3 week installation period as a result of previous dealings with Telkom, but must say, Kudos to Openserve and Afrihost.

Sean008

Expert Member
Please give us feedback as to the quality of the experience after the installation

cyberbob1979

Expert Member
Wow, that is actually outstanding service. And well deserved Kudos. Welcome to the internet!

Luke7777

Executive Member
I think a lot depends on the Openserve crew(s) responsible for an area. Some really goes the extra mile. Mine was ordered on a Friday afternoon, had a call on Monday for installation next day. They rocked up with 2 trucks and while one was busy on the pole, one was laying fibre thru the roof and another was sorting out the hardware at the installation point in the house. 4 hours later, including a 15min online chat with Afrihost, I was up and running. Openserve team lead left me his number should anything go wrong.