Kuilsriver Highbury and Highbury Park

jackb

So, Here I am again. Trying to get some answers out of the 10's of fiber providers. SADV being the worst and the biggest liars ever,

Last year at a community meeting for the area SADV promised that by end of March 2019 fiber trenching would have started in the area.
Its not almost a year later and nothing. not a single grain of sand had been moved. Vumatel just does not care because they dont see the need and telkom is not even bothered to fix our ever failing landlines let alone give us fiber. and its not like the community cannot afford these things no they can. Its not cheap living here. so I know we can definitely afford this.

So Im just here, being a heart sore ranting baby... GIVE US FIBER ALREADY

Thestealth

Expert Member
I feel your pain. Even the guys that were "contracted" to start trenching (as per the Highbury Foundation) has gone dead quiet... We literally are on the wrong side of the (train) tracks to enjoy any fibre. Vumatel and co. can seam to dig enough trenches on the other side of the station!

Neo Stryder

Rumour has it that vumatel did not have proper permission to trench. Even though they handed out construction notices in the area. Highbury is also no longer highlighted on the coverage map. Its so frustrating.

jackb

Yip I just looked and Highbury is now removed again... WHAT A MESS UP from ALL ISPs.