Kulula’s extra legroom "disappears", but still charged full price

garp

Executive Member
My issue has never really been with leg room. It's with seat width and lateral space, which I've found always makes a far bigger difference to my comfort level on a flight. I'm not particularly "wide" or fat, maybe a little overweight, but I have a fairly average build. It's having to keep your arms tucked in, sharing a narrow armrest with your neighbour and not being able to spread your legs more openly that makes these seats so uncomfortable, so I don't understand this obsession with the gap to the seat in front of you but not the width.

ScrnScrm

Expert Member
My issue has never really been with leg room. It's with seat width and lateral space, which I've found always makes a far bigger difference to my comfort level on a flight. I'm not particularly "wide" or fat, maybe a little overweight, but I have a fairly average build. It's having to keep your arms tucked in, sharing a narrow armrest with your neighbour and not being able to spread your legs more openly that makes these seats so uncomfortable, so I don't understand this obsession with the gap to the seat in front of you but not the width.
You are spot on. Space is a the product of length x width. The 737-800 average seat width is 17in. The A320 is 18.2in. Width is extremely important in the overall perceived comfort levels. Even 34in pitch at 17in can feel cramped. I actively seek A320s with wide seats installed for all my travels around Europe. EasyJet are in the process of replacing their seats with wider Recaro SL3510s which are very comfortable wide seats.

jouda

Expert Member
Kulula are clueless - and I will insist on a credit equal to the full charge off future tickets - the plane was changed to a British Airways flight and we landed up in dangerously tight seats.
This could only happen with very poor management. Kulula - fix this now before we scrap you forever.
Rather than put up with this nonsense, I would happily pay for biz class on any other airline.
Customers must never be assumed to be stupid or you will be left wondering what happened !!!!1
I dont understand, what makes tight seats dangerous?

Nomad2

I've lost a lot of money on Kulula refunds. Requests disappear into a black hole and you end up wasting good time trying to resolve. I've learnt to cut my losses with them and rather use my time more efficiently.
I'm still waiting for 3 refunds from last Jan / Feb. All you get are promises or no response.