KZN: Father on the run after four children found “hanged” at home

Techne

Honorary Master
Here is where a totally useless SAPS may be beneficial to society... I.e. hopefully jungle justice will prevail.

Edit: I see he has been arrested :X3:

noxibox

Honorary Master
So, tell me anti-death penalty people, why must this guy not be killed when he has been found guilty after a court trail? I'm sure all the evidence will be overwhelming.
The evidence is always overwhelming. How do you plan to write up the law, control the courts and police to keep them in check? What will the law say? Death if you're really, really sure, but otherwise jail if you're just mostly sure?

Ponderer

Expert Member
A 2013 study from the UK, which examined filicides in England and Wales between 1997 and 2006, found that 40% of filicide offenders had a recorded mental illness. Young age in the offender was also a factor.

Other risk factors include acrimonious relationship breakdowns and post-separation parenting disputes. Alcohol, drug use, previous offending, a history of domestic violence and suicidal tendencies all increase the risk of offending.

“Spouse revenge” filicide

This final category consists of parents who kill their offspring in a deliberate attempt to make their spouses suffer. The prototype is found in Euripides’ play, Medea. After killing their two sons, Medea told her unfaithful husband, Jason, “Thy sons are dead and gone. That will stab thy heart” (Oates and O’Neill, 1938). The most common precipitants for spouse revenge filicide are spousal infidelity and child custody disputes.

Lillian De Bortoli, a researcher at Swimburne University in Australia, has identified three types of fathers who murder their children:

• De Facto Male: This type of child killer is a live-in boyfriend or stepfather. He typically kills only one child and has a history of abusing the child. Murders of this type are usually hands-on and quite violent, with stomping, throwing, beating, strangling, etc., involved.
  • Separated Father: The current case in Texas fits this category. The murdered children are his own flesh and blood. Estranged from the mother, a father in this category generally has a history of abusing her, the children, or both. The abuse may have prompted the separation. Revenge against the mother is the motivation, and the killing often occurs during custody disputes.
  • Coupled Father: A father who kills his children while the family is still intact, he typically has a criminal history. This type is at high risk of being not just a child killer, but a family annihilator. Most of these murders involve multiple victims, and in the case of family annihilators, may include not only the children’s mother, but also members of the extended family and anyone else who happens to be present when the frenzy begins.
In each of these categories, the killer is likely to have underlying mental health issues that make him susceptible to rumination, rage, obsession, and the other toxic moods and emotions that build to a critical mass. That’s no excuse, unless the killer is truly psychotic.

The problem we have in South Africa is that we have so many incredibly damaged human beings wandering around. The sheer brutality of life in your average township damages people - cognitively, developmentally, psychologically even physically. And we do nothing to help them, change them, teach them, save them.
"A 2013 study from the UK, which examined filicides in England and Wales between 1997 and 2006, found that 40% of filicide offenders had a recorded mental illness."
Wow.
As if nobody knows that there is something wrong with someone who does this type of thing.
What a fantastic study.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Is he the biological father? Because it normally is easier to kill someones else kids to punish the mother than your own.

Still it is sick to the core to kill three innocent children because you have issues
Say what now?

wbot

"People" like this don't deserve the death penalty. Because then what? They won't suffer or have to deal with any consequences.

60+ years in a warm, damp, moist, overcrowded windowless basement cell shared by a few other killers and crab infested rapists would suffice I reckon. Don't give him a quick death. Because that's what death penalty is: quick and painless.

Milano

Honorary Master
So, tell me anti-death penalty people, why must this guy not be killed when he has been found guilty after a court trail? I'm sure all the evidence will be overwhelming.
Overwhelming evidence. Imagine evidence so overwhelming that it would be sufficiently overwhelming to have you tried and found guilty six times for the same crimes. And so overwhelming that it would be sufficient to keep you imprisoned on death row for 20 years. Evidence so overwhelming that barely any evidence actually ever existed to begin with. Twenty years is a long time to think about it so you should likely ask Curtis Flowers what he thinks of the death penalty:

Acid0

Expert Member
Say what now?
What I am saying is when it is your own children you have an additional bond, when it is not your own children you dont and it might make that choice easier.

I dont justify what this monster did, but if you look at previous cases where children is either killed or abused to "punish" the mother it is normally the step father or boyfriend.

Baise

Can the anti death penalty advocates please explain to me why this POS deserves to live ???

Milano

Honorary Master
What I am saying is when it is your own children you have an additional bond, when it is not your own children you dont and it might make that choice easier.

I dont justify what this monster did, but if you look at previous cases where children is either killed or abused to "punish" the mother it is normally the step father or boyfriend.
Biological father of three of the children. Stepfather of the eldest but like a daughter to him well until..

Mila

Honorary Master
Well my thoughts are since we are a savage.
The 1600's had some interesting torture methods and before they die chopping of thier heads in town square.
But since we know this is flawed and a bunch of innocent people lost their lives I guess we set up a ghost ship hel hole prison and chum the waters.