KZN pupil jailed for hijacking and trying to drive over female teacher

schumi

Honorary Master
A KwaZulu-Natal pupil has been sentenced to 17 years in prison after he assaulted, hijacked and attempted to kill his schoolteacher.

According to the provincial department of education, the assault occurred on August 12 when a teacher at Chibelihle Combined School in the midlands was attacked by a 24-year-old pupil while she was on her way to work.

"He was standing at the traffic light and waved the teacher down. She was unsuspecting and didn't think anything of it, so she stopped to ask him if everything was OK," provincial education spokesperson Kwazi Mthethwa told TimesLIVE.
More at : https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2019-12-02-kzn-pupil-jailed-for-hijacking-and-trying-to-drive-over-female-teacher/

maumau

Honorary Master
24 year old pupil :ROFL: :ROFL:

Anyway, thought they were called learners these days.

VooDooC

Long time ago, if you fail any of the higher grades (St.8 - St.10) more than twice you would get sent to college to complete your matric certificate. How on earth can you allow a grown ass man to still attend school with children??

R13...

Honorary Master
Although age is a major problem, don't be too quick to judge. I don't think some of you understand the conditions, social issues and the life some poeple have to live with in the informal areas.
They should still provide an avenue for these older "pupils" to complete schooling as it is obvious they aren't for regular school. It is too bad vocational schools have been all but destroyed. Most kids would be better served learning a useful trade than sitting in class all day long.

VooDooC

They should still provide an avenue for these older "pupils" to complete schooling as it is obvious they aren't for regular school. It is too bad vocational schools have been all but destroyed. Most kids would be better served learning a useful trade than sitting in class all day long.
The problem is, kids today don't really want to do a trade anymore. Everyone wants to have a cushy office job, 9-5 with a 13th check and a bonus and the one question we almost always get when interviewing people fresh out of varsity is "So, how long do I have to work here to become a manager?"

thechamp

Honorary Master
The problem is, kids today don't really want to do a trade anymore. Everyone wants to have a cushy office job, 9-5 with a 13th check and a bonus and the one question we almost always get when interviewing people fresh out of varsity is "So, how long do I have to work here to become a manager?"
I see kids today on the side of the road fixing cars, selling stuff some doing manual jobs for very little in order to survive. This narrative of everyone wanting a cushy office jobs looks like a load of BS to me, most probably a story peddled by old people just to push the notion that they are better than today's youth.

I see a lot of young people registering for the trade courses that apparently no one wants to do, what's up with that?

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Although age is a major problem, don't be too quick to judge. I don't think some of you understand the conditions, social issues and the life some poeple have to live with in the informal areas.
Too quick to judge what? That the government is failing badly when it comes to education?

Oh wait they're failing at everything. But that's ok. Wakanda is on its way soon.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Too quick to judge what? That the government is failing badly when it comes to education?

But that's ok. Wakanda is on its way soon.
To quick to judge on something even though you have no idea of the circumstances, relating to people judging the 24 year old still at school, looks like you just want to make an argument just for the sake of it?

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
To quick to judge on something even though you have no idea of the circumstances, relating to people judging the 24 year old still at school, looks like you just want to make an argument just for the sake of it?
This is MyBB :whistling:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
The circumstances do not matter, so we can judge the government on allowing it to happen.

thechamp

Honorary Master
The circumstances do not matter, so we can judge the government on allowing it to happen.
Yes Red Vikings comment had nothing to do with government, it was about the circumstances sorrounding the overage learners, but go on and make an argument about government, I am not interested.