KZN rugby player shot dead by cops in Hawaii

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
No. He can see they're police. He probably knew she called the police. He just attacked when they got there
If I am someone that realised that I walking into the wrong house, then sat in my car expecting the cops to arrive, don't you think I would identify myself immediately upon being challenged even if the person challenging me doesn't identify themselves as a cop?

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Police from better trained countries wouldn't have fired a single shot and still arrested the suspect
American police probably don't even know let alone comprehend the term de-escalation
BS...what country is that? A country where all cops are pro MMA fighters and weigh 135 Kg's? Stop talking kak please...

Milano

Honorary Master
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

This Christian chick has no clue. He was just a normal Zulu entering a stranger's mansion. It's normal Zulu behaviour
Would be interesting to know more about this custom. I have never heard of it being used as a defence in KZN during any type of trespassing dispute.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Would be interesting to know more about this custom. I have never heard of it being used as a defence in KZN during any type of trespassing dispute.
Nice defense to add to the quiver though...especially when getting arrested during a pesky home invasion.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
But it would imply you are from a royal household? Which royal household is the one he belonged to?
Yes it would imply that, no idea which royal house he belongs to or even if he belongs to one. I was just clarifying since some people seems to take it as a given that he is from KZN and apparently a Prince, therefore the Zulu Royal House should be the one he belongs to.

There are a couple of Kingdoms that insist they are not part of the Zulu Kingdom as well as some Chieftaincies in KZN, he could be from one of those, because Princes from the Zulu royal house would have the Zulu surname, unless he is a Prince like Mangosuthu Buthelezi.

wbot

Expert Member
Police from better trained countries wouldn't have fired a single shot and still arrested the suspect
American police probably don't even know let alone comprehend the term de-escalation
They tased him several times and he kept on attacking. Two officers suffered concussions, one of them had facial fractures.

Archer

Honorary Master
He immediately attacked, how do you de-escalate?
I'm no trained professional but I could guess not having your gun drawn is a good start when you've seen the suspect has no weapons and you have superior numbers
My guess is most US cops have so little close combat training that they truly do think it's shoot first or you'll die.

Milano

Honorary Master
Yes it would imply that, no idea which royal house he belongs to or even if he belongs to one. I was just clarifying since some people seems to take it as a given that he is from KZN and apparently a Prince, therefore the Zulu Royal House should be the one he belongs to.

There are a couple of Kingdoms that insist they are not part of the Zulu Kingdom as well as some Chieftaincies in KZN, he could be from one of those, because Princes from the Zulu royal house would have the Zulu surname, unless he is a Prince like Mangosuthu Buthelezi.
Yes I am aware there are many royal families that is why I am interested to know to which royal family he belongs. I imagine the detailed account of his royal title will come out in time.

Archer

Honorary Master
They tased him several times and he kept on attacking. Two officers suffered concussions, one of them had facial fractures.
Yes, so at that point the shooting is justified. What you are failing to understand is that the cops shouldn't have ever let it get that far.

Heck I've seen videos of cops going up against drugged up machete wielding crazies, and still not fire a single shot and no injuries on either side.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Yes, so at that point the shooting is justified. What you are failing to understand is that the cops shouldn't have ever let it get that far.

Heck I've seen videos of cops going up against drugged up machete wielding crazies, and still not fire a single shot and no injuries on either side.

If he hadn't done it , would never have escalated that far in the first case.

Reactions: Ykv