KZN rugby player shot dead by cops in Hawaii

Temujin

Honorary Master
This interview is from 4 days ago Fri 30th), but I can't find any link in this thread (although aspects of the topic has been discussed at length).

IMO the lawyers arguments are clear and coherent, (and consistent with my reaction weeks ago). The fact that the police have not released all the evidence, suggests they have a lot of explaining to do:

I think that has more to do with politics/redtape/procedures etc through international relations/departments due to him not being a citizen

GrootVoet

I just hope Honolulu PD don't give in and settle because I suspect the families in these cases often try and get as much media attention as possible, say they going to sue and then hope for a few million out of court settlement. Never was about any justice, just getting some money.

skimread

Honorary Master
Yes? While talking to a police officer, would he have thought another police officer would suddenly appear out of nowhere and order him to lie down?
Is that enough reason to put him in hospital by trying beat him to death and beat anyone who tries assist him?

A normal reaction is you would wait a moment for the police officer you are talking to, to react. Not attack immediately as you don't trust the police. Surely a police officer is a better person to deal with someone pointing a gun than at you, than you and your fists.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Is that enough reason to put him in hospital by trying beat him to death and beat anyone who tries assist him?

A normal reaction is you would wait a moment for the police officer you are talking to, to react. Not attack immediately as you don't trust the police. Surely a police officer is a better person to deal with someone pointing a gun than at you, than you and your fists.
Question here is whether he was aware they were police officers.

wbot

Expert Member
I'm curious.. if someone arrives and orders you to stop and get down on the ground, who the hell do you think that must be?

Not only that but surely our prince heard the woman talking to the officer when she pointed him out.

I think he knew they were police but he was high or something. You don't just start attacking people like that.

Yes? While talking to a police officer, would he have thought another police officer would suddenly appear out of nowhere and order him to lie down?
Please explain this then: he went back and attacked the officer he was talking to after attacking the one who arrived with a gun. He knew at least one was def a cop but attacked him anyway. The one he talked to is probably also the one with the fractured skull or whatever who remained in hospital

MachoPants

Expert Member
Yes. They don't typically work alone, backup, support.

Seems logic has not been applied by parties involved.

Myeni sadly brought it on himself by attacking and hospitalized officers. His non compliance and bad attitude ended in his death.