[KZN] SA Weather Service issues heavy rain warning

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Seen two videos from Clare estate... They got properly screwed... Good few houses that will need to be knocked down and rebuilt.

Shaun108

Executive Member
My retaining wall, and the fence is done for here in Pinetown because of the rain. 1 vehicle damaged by the collapsed wall and my dog is missing... fark me.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Fek sorry to here that dude... Mine is mostly just annoying and will cost the insurance company to replace things...

Ive heard that 13 ppl have been confirmed dead already which is mental.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
As usual the South Coast Herald has jack shyte about anything rain related, just their fluff stuff so I dunno the extent of it down here. Looking at Durban and surrounds though :oops:. Kids pool which was empty is now close to overflow ....... that is a lot of water

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Wife just rang, managed to get to our granny flat.....flooded and full of mud.

Insurances are going to be crying.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
At least four killed in Malvern house collapse
Emergency services have been responding to multiple callouts where mudslides and flooding have caused homes to come crashing down.

There have also been multiple accidents and crashes on the province's roads in the wet driving conditions.

In one incident, four people from one home in Malvern were killed when the house they were sleeping in caved in.

"We recovered four bodies, including two children," said Rescue Care's Garrith Jamieson.

Jamieson says a man, woman, a little boy and a baby girl were crushed to death when a bank collapsed onto three homes on a property along Ellen Road
https://www.ecr.co.za/news/news/kznfloods-least-four-killed-malvern-house-collapse/

I was just typing to find any news on this

Apparently our domestic helper was renting on that property, she is in hospital and my parents have gone to see her as soon as we got to know.
Still no news about her 6 year old daughter.

From what I read, the bank collapsed and took the house with it. I saw a post on Facebook last night were Recuse services were on scene clearing the debris but I didnt know at the time it was the same property.

If any more news comes on this, please tag me in it

ubercal

Expert Member
my place flooded for the 2nd time in 4 days.Now for the cleanup again after i just spent 3 days cleaning everything.Had both cars on jack stands in the driveway else they would have been floating away.

DanDango

Executive Member
Rockview Road section in Amanzimtoti lost to freak weather
WARNING: Both lanes of a section of Rockview Road in Amanzimtoti have washed away.

https://southcoastsun.co.za/139967/update-rockview-road-section-amanzimtoti-lost-freak-weather/

BOTH lanes of a section of Rockview Road in Amanzimtoti, infront of the garage, have completely washed away by 9:15am this morning (Tuesday, 23 April).

Earlier this morning one lane of the road began to give way and a house situated near to the same section of road gave way.

Sanzer

I have also received messages on whatsapp that storms are expected to start soon and will be followed up with heavy rains and hail after 8pm. Not sure the validity.

mister

Executive Member
I have also received messages on whatsapp that storms are expected to start soon and will be followed up with heavy rains and hail after 8pm. Not sure the validity.
I've just put washing on the line... so the chance of a massive downpour is... massive.

SkippyRamirez

Expert Member
Trying to get confirmation but I've seen warnings that we're in for another heavy downpour tonight :(
Darksky.net and windy.com indicates that just a little more drizzle to follow, not much more than that in the upper highway area. But Shongweni road had a heavy rock slide, so did Stockville road, and Kloof gorge is closed. Looks like the worst is over though.

Was weird driving/floating down Fields Hill this morning:p