L-Theanine (Relicalm, Prozen) OTC calming pills

Have you used L-Theanine (Relicalm, Prozen) and have you found it effective?

• Yes, I have used it and it worked great

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Yes, I have used it and it I think you might as well drink a sugar pill

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, I have not used it and have not heard of it before, but I will look into it

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, I have not used it and would not either

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Hello all. Dont seem to have a thread on this. BF has been using Relicalm and he says it works well for him. I bought a packet now for myself to see if I can just take the edge off a bit with the no smoking thing.

Have you used it and have you found it useful?

Shaun108

Executive Member
Doesn't work well. I usually down 10mg diazepam with a double whiskey so maybe I have a tolerance.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Relicalm is to keep you calm, but won't work if you are in a very anxious state. It's a schedule 2, so you wouldn't really take 2 x pills and then drive.

waylander

Expert Member
Relicalm is to keep you calm, but won't work if you are in a very anxious state. It's a schedule 2, so you wouldn't really take 2 x pills and then drive.
Is the sedative effect that prominent? Half of my class pops them and drives after tests lmao

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Is the sedative effect that prominent? Half of my class pops them and drives after tests lmao
Well, it'll affect different people differently, yes, but I wouldn't do that. It affects my alertness (response times), grip (hands) and body joints.

BTW don't you take something to calm you down before the test?

waylander

Expert Member
Well, it'll affect different people differently, yes, but I wouldn't do that. It affects my alertness (response times), grip (hands) and body joints.

BTW don't you take something to calm you down before the test?
Nope, caffeine pill (200mg) an hour before the test. For my boards, I might need something but when that bridge comes I will cross it :p

Ryansr

Expert Member
Just my 2 cents here but I would never trust my mental health with those over the counter meds. My suggestion is to rather go seek professional advice and get your problem properly diagnosed and allow them to prescribe a strong enough medication. It is expensive in the beginning but being properly diagnosed by a professional will avoid any future confusion over your condition and is much more acceptable by the civil society.

4ftersh0ck

Hello all. Dont seem to have a thread on this. BF has been using Relicalm and he says it works well for him. I bought a packet now for myself to see if I can just take the edge off a bit with the no smoking thing.

Have you used it and have you found it useful?
Ockie, please tell us how it goes. I take Felix, which seems to help, R228 a bottle though. Is this Relicalm over the counter? How much does it cost?

axsis

My SO swears by Nativa Night. I've tried various L Theanine products with no effect. Neither of us are affected by caffeine at all.

Personally I find NAC more effective.

mister

Executive Member
I like powders because they are a lot cheaper:

Relicalm
20 Tablets
150mg per tablet
R74.99 per bottle
20 * 150 = 3000mg
R24.99 per gram

Powder
30 grams
R199 per bottle
R6.63 per gram

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
i went from 2 packs of ciggies a day (3 when drinking) to vaping 18mg for a few years
then toned down to 6mg
then 3mg
then bought 0mg and blended it with my 3mg
in the last week i was only on 0mg
then stopped cold turkey and never looked back

smoked for 27yrs and vaped for 5yrs

you can do it @Ockie :)