Labour department strips CWU of legal status

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Wahahahaha thats too damn funny....

That means Telkom and VC and MTN etc etc can tell CWU guys to get knotted..

Valerion

Expert Member
The publication reported that CWU’s troubles began in November when the department accused it of contravening sections 98, 99 and 100 of the Labour Relations Act by failing to provide financial statements since 2006.

Gallant Roberts, CWU’s general secretary, reportedly said the trade union was baffled and amazed as the department had failed to explain the reasons for the deregistration.

Clearly the deregistration is a good thing. The CWU has trouble communicating.

There's only two options.

• They have not supplied financial statements properly
  • They have submitted financial statements properly

If it is the second option, I would assume that they can prove that this was submitted (or just resubmit it), and get the department to re-register them. Involve the courts if the department refuses to cooperate.

If it is the first option, bad luck to them. Fire the CWU's top management and get some people in that can do their job. After all, you are collectively bargaining for many many people. You should choose competent people. And stop trying to get preferential treatment.

Either way, this is not something that should involve the courts.

j4ck455

Executive Member
CWU said:
Eish we are likely to be the stoopidest bunch of idiots

I expect the reason that no financial statements have been submitted is due to hands in the CWU's cookie jar, hopefully there will be huge consequences and the CWU will implode.

MickeyD

RIP
Could not have happened to a more deserving bunch of idiots...

SinghDude

Chief Sports Analyst
Could not have happened to a more deserving bunch of idiots...

Idiots is far too complementary a term ...... :twisted:

I pray they never smell another hard-earned cent that they have screwed their membership out of over the years.....

DJ...

Banned
The publication reported that CWU’s troubles began in November when the department accused it of contravening sections 98, 99 and 100 of the Labour Relations Act by failing to provide financial statements since 2006.

It had also reportedly ceased to function in terms of its constitution.

Attorney for CWU, Thando Faku said the union planned to take legal steps.

“It’s true. I’m trying to arrange for a date now.”

Gallant Roberts, CWU’s general secretary, reportedly said the trade union was baffled and amazed as the department had failed to explain the reasons for the deregistration.

“We are likely to be appearing on this matter on an urgent basis. We are likely to be submitting documents tomorrow.”

What an absolute bunch of morons. How can you expect to get away with not submitting financial statements? How can you not know the reasons for de registration? What bloody legal steps could they possibly have up their short sleeves? Failing to function in terms of its constitution is also a very serious accusation.

This will only be a temporary issue so I wouldn't get too happy about this. But fantastic nonetheless...