Labour unions have blocked roads leading to Eskom power stations in protest over wages

mylesillidge

Journalist
Protests break out at Eskom power stations

Tensions are rising at Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd., with the struggling South African electricity supplier confirming protests at a number of power plants following a breakdown in wage negotiations.

Groups at six coal-fired stations "have blocked roads leading to some of the power stations, which hampers the movement of people and goods into or outside of the facilities," spokesman Sikonathi Mantshantsha said in a text message on Thursday.

[Bloomberg]

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Protests break out at Eskom power stations

Tensions are rising at Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd., with the struggling South African electricity supplier confirming protests at a number of power plants following a breakdown in wage negotiations.

Groups at six coal-fired stations "have blocked roads leading to some of the power stations, which hampers the movement of people and goods into or outside of the facilities," spokesman Sikonathi Mantshantsha said in a text message on Thursday.

[Bloomberg]
Radical democracy in action. MyBloombergAction at that.

lkswan747

Expert Member
Just another excuse to make an inept utility look not guilty! I am so tired of this downward slide into oblivion. Guvmunt are not doing anything to netter the situation, their attitude is - I am alright Jack. :mad:

OhYeah84

Expert Member
TUs do more harm than good...change my mind! Witness this mess being created by people who quite literally and honestly don't give a damn!