Lamborghini trapped at 251km/h

RompelStompel

From News24.com

WTF are these so-called 'drivers' thinking ? :confused: :mad:

Hope the authorities lock him up with Bubba for a nice evening in the cells :D

Johannesburg - Metro police arrested five motorists on Sunday for speeding - including a Lamborghini driver doing 251km/h in Midrand.

Along with the luxury-car owner, metro police arrested the drivers of a Peugeot and a Porsche driving at more than 180km/h on the N14 in Midrand.

Inspector Edna Mamonyane said: "The Lamborghini driver was very calm, and praised metro police for the way they handled him."

The trio was taken to Muldersdrift police station and were due to appear in court on Monday.

On the N1 in Kliprivier, metro police arrested the drivers of an Audi and a Nissan Sentra, driving at 184km/h and 195km/h respectively. On Friday, along the same stretch of freeway, three BMW drivers and a VW Jetta driver were arrested for speeding.

The three BMW drivers were clocked at speeds of more than 200km/h.

Mamonyane said: "A request will be sent to the asset forfeiture unit for the drivers' vehicles to be sold."

During a roadblock with the SAPS on the N12/N1 split on Saturday, metro police impounded 14 minibus taxis for being unroadworthy.

They issued 122 fines, arrested one drunken driver, another person for possession of dagga and one wanted suspect.

Mamonyane warned motorists to expect more such roadblocks during the festive season.

Gunny

Expert Member
Why do they only do this around xmas time should be a all year round drive.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
As much as I despise excessive and deliberate speeding, I have to ask why they have the ability to be so efficient when targeting motorists, while somewhat more inefficient when targeting violent criminals?

Before anybody flames me, I have no problem with them locking this idiot up. I do have a problem with the crime increase around this time of year which seems to go almost unnoticed.

Last edited:

Nod

Executive Member
As much as I despise excessive and deliberate speeding, I have to ask why they have the ability to be so efficient when targeting motorists, while somewhat more inefficient when targeting violent criminals?

Easy money. No real work involved. Can eat on the job (the whole day). Can catch a nap when the sun are too hot. The pluses is just endless ;)

Skeptik

Banned
Why are they trying to forfeit these vehicles when that government official just got away with a R10,000 fine for a similar speed???

Vl@d

Why are they trying to forfeit these vehicles when that government official just got away with a R10,000 fine for a similar speed???

You forget that when you are part of the "Government" elite you are a step closer to "above the law" than the "common" folk..........

Claymore

Executive Member

Perhaps because traffic police enforce *traffic* laws? I wish the regular police force were as efficient as traffic police.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
Perhaps because traffic police enforce *traffic* laws? I wish the regular police force were as efficient as traffic police.
Yip I think you said it better than I meant to - if Metro can enforce traffic laws, why can't SAPS be similarly equipped to be efficient at their jobs?

Nab

Imagine paying with a lambo when some other tit only gets charged a sentra.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
Who wants to wager that it's that idiot Lolly Jackson who was caught? If it is then it wouldn't be his first time either - just the first time that he's paying for it with his car :rolleyes:

edit: lol kingmonty, we both have the same guy in mind.

redarrow

Expert Member
Do they though? :confused:
Last I noticed the only traffic law they were any good at enforcing was the speed limit one... :p

But yea.. they top the cops... at least they know how to enforce one law :D

Gunny

Expert Member
Would be ironic if it was Lolly he was on Carte Blanche this evening telling about the lesson he learnt about speeding.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Great idea .... except if you have an emergency.

Yeah well, less people would die overall. Emergencies where you have to drive 200km for some reason happen much less often than all these road fatalities.

Not that I necessarily think speedters shouldn't die because we are already overpopulating this country and planet and because AIDS needs some assistance in killing people we are trying to stop it. But its all so complex because I actually care that people (except real criminal scum) life their lives for as long as possible.