Land bank officials siphon more than R2 billion

arni1954

This is just anther part of the process of South Africa becoming anther African basket.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Gotta love the fact that trying to get the Land Bank sorted out is being called a witch hunt by the previous minister....

But still R2billion is a k@k load of money and the ppl responsible must be punished.

stoke

Honorary Master
Gautrain ... 370 million per kilometer.
Housing ... fast approaching 1 million per house.

Dang!

NoADSLyet

Expert Member
This is just anther part of the process of South Africa becoming anther African basket.
What you mean? It already is! Ditto.

Thats what you get when you place incompetent BEE/AA candidates or rather the comrades in charge of large funds. prior to that the most they had to budget was their meager monthly pay sample. Yeah, the new Zim on the rise!

http://www.24.com/news/?p=tsa&i=747507

Last edited:

PeterCH

Honorary Master
They'll be punished with dismissal but get to keep the $2 billion though, you just watch.

BTTB

I understand what you mean.
Although I am still pretty glad my ancestors ventured to these lands between 161 and 220 years ago.

I love my country and I suppose wherever you go in the world there is fraud or white collar crime as they refer to it today. But R2Billion!:eek: How did it go unnoticed/unchecked for so long?:(
These people have stolen from the taxpayers of this country and it is time President Mbeki and his Ministers were held accountable for the misappropriation of Public Money under their shift/term in office.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
I understand what you mean.
Although I am still pretty glad my ancestors ventured to these lands between 161 and 220 years ago.

I love my country and I suppose wherever you go in the world there is fraud or white collar crime as they refer to it today. But R2Billion!:eek: How did it go unnoticed/unchecked for so long?:(
These people have stolen from the taxpayers of this country and it is time President Mbeki and his Ministers were held accountable for the misappropriation of Public Money under their shift/term in office.
It happens all over, but the difference here is there's no accountability when you're caught, which is obviously part of what makes people do it in the first place. Most of our problems here can be traced back to a lack of accountability IMO.

Albereth

Honorary Master
They had the previous ? guy on Redi Dereko's show on 702 this morning. Talk about a ducker and diver. Basically he said that the company's policy allowed it and it was all in terms of the PMFA. What he failed to realise is that PMFA is subject to King II and while that may have no teeth it does push it back to the PMFA which suggests a 5 year jail term.

Of course I just see a bright career in politics for this chap. I think his name is Alan but I could be mistaken.