Land invasion underway in Midrand

lived666

Executive Member
Lots of shacks currently being erected between Dane road and M38, Hundreds of people marking plots and erecting shacks, not a cop or any type of law enforcement in sight.

Quite a surreal feeling driving past and see it happening.
mapmidrand.png

Mosgi

Well, thisbis exactly what the protests in Rabie Ridge were about a two or so weeks ago & Metro demolished them in another area.

The community of Rabie Ridge complained and protested that shacks and informal settlements, erected right next to them would devalue their properties.

schumi

Honorary Master
Well, thisbis exactly what the protests in Rabie Ridge were about a two or so weeks ago & Metro demolished them in another area.

The community of Rabie Ridge complained and protested that shacks and informal settlements, erected right next to them would devalue their properties.
I think there is still violence in Rabie Ridge this weekend

Zukat

That is exactly my thought when somebody told me in the past about buying property in good areas as an investment, there is no such thing as a good area, it all can turn around in a matter of weeks for any area.

skimread

Executive Member
That's the problem if you live in an area next to a very big open field. You run the risk of it being taken over and devaluing your property.

Sollie

Expert Member
I wonder if the people will ask Afriforum for help if the cops won't help. ;)

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
JMPD Land Invasion hotline number

1) Kindly be advised that JMPD has established a land invasion hotline number with effect from yesterday.
2) The hotline number is 0800120555 and it is functional as of this morning. It will be operational 24 hours, 7 days a week.
3) All incidents of land invasion must be reported to this number for JMPD’s swift intervention.
4) Please disseminate and share this number with your Stakeholders and any other relevant parties.

antowan

Honorary Master
The land is vacant for a reason... Wait till heavy rains come again....