Land invasion underway in Midrand

animehero

Expert Member
Any bets on what this new township will be called?
Soon there'll be service delivery protests for it

John Tempus

Expert Member
I'm not suggesting that land invasions should be allowed. I was responding to your suggestion that these settlements should be set on fire, which is certainly not an option in my book. Perhaps you were joking.

The point is, there are millions of shackdwellers in South Africa, and they're not simply going to disappear. They cannot be wished away. Wherever they go, they are going to be somebody's problem. A pragmatic but humane solution must be found.
Its not a land invasion if no one is showing opposition to it, that is then totally legal just like any other law in any country. If you have a law and it is not enforced then the law does not exist.

They were not dealt with before and thats why we have these squatter mini cities. Since it seems too late to fix those situations we can make damn sure not to repeat and have more of these popup.

I agree there needs to be a plan but we have a government who cant plan wiping their own as.s so that is not something thats going to be realized in either of our lifetimes so the only thing we do have right now is protect areas surrounding our properties/neighbourhoods to the point if cops don't come and break down the shacks then people should do it while there are only a few of them erected because it takes these shack dwellers only a few months before they become the majority and in no time your property plummet to the point that no one wants to buy and that becomes even more free property for these shack dwellers.

The poor is the majority in South Africa so anyone who have anything of value is already in the minority so if you refuse to stand up against these guttercamps and everyone else have the same "lets keep it humane" approach I can assure you it will take no time before you are out of property/home.

Let me make it clear I was joking about burning the fields down or I hope it does not come to those extremes.

You can virtue signal or really believe in what you are saying but none of it is based in reality. There is no humane way to handle these situations considering how far we have fallen of the cliff already.

Last edited:

BBSA

Honorary Master

rambo919

Expert Member
I have stopped being astounded by people being stupid enough to believe that all land grabs will be illegal. Technically they can make murder legal too if they really wanted to.

DreamKing

Executive Member
No worries, Cyril say he will not allow land grabs :

“In urban areas, people want land to build homes, and a lot of that land is owned by municipalities and SOEs – we’re going to be focused on that.”

“Everything will be done in terms of the constitution and the rule of law, he said. “There will never be land grabs. We will not allow land grabs to happen.”

https://businesstech.co.za/news/business/317222/we-are-not-going-to-take-your-land-ramaphosa-to-investors/
I believe what zuma said rather than CR. ;)