• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Landline for home office

Thor

Honorary Master
Hello, I work from home and I want to have a non-cellphone number for one of my businesses. Ideally, I wanted to get a Telkom landline, but the problem is I relocate almost every year so I do not think getting a landline number would work since I would need to change the number each year.

What are my options and what are the costs of said options?

The reason I want to have a non-cellphone number is for formalities.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Hello, I work from home and I want to have a non-cellphone number for one of my businesses. Ideally, I wanted to get a Telkom landline, but the problem is I relocate almost every year so I do not think getting a landline number would work since I would need to change the number each year.

Maybe a VOIP number?

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master

We moved offices in 2014 and kept our number.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
How? I thought a landline number is location bound, not portable.

Do you have more info on this, I do not want to call the call center those oaks are 2 notches above bot level.
We ported all our landline numbers to our voip. 1 in Jhb and several in PTA a few years back.

Thor

Honorary Master
We ported all our landline numbers to our voip. 1 in Jhb and several in PTA a few years back.
Ahh okay normal telkom to VOIP okay, I will keep that one in mind, since I have VDSL in the apartment already, I should be able to just plug a phone in and that number should work? ( I just want inbound calls really, wont phone from it)

rubber_otter

Expert Member

I can do that.

But a handset. - R1500 +-

R116 line rental.

You pay for your calls.

All the phone needs is an internet connection. Boom.