Lansweeper data shows 42.76% of office PCs can't upgrade to Windows 11

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
More than 40% of office PCs cannot upgrade to Windows 11

Around 4 in every ten office PCs worldwide cannot upgrade to Windows 11 due to Microsoft's stringent hardware requirements for the new operating system.

That is according to research by IT asset management provider Lansweeper, which recently analysed 27 million computers from 60,000 organisations and found that 42.76% did not pass the CPU test for Windows 11.

Well.....

4 out of 10 pcs

But guess they need to exclude the Mac's also because well normally they shouldnt. (Stats wise)

So its more like 6-7 out of 10 that cant support Windows 11.

And yet they can, its about security drivers on the pcs, that will disable some functions, but do you really need that function?

Or it can be someway that microsoft can force users onto windows 10, which was a mistake they made with windows 8 (Most users abandoned Windows 8 and went back to Windows 7 - it worked better).

however.....

Yes, you can install Windows 11 on an unsupported computer with an Intel i5 processor. Microsoft has simplified the installation of Windows 11 on incompatible systems. Microsoft has shared the registry entries that will be needed to bypass the eligibility requirements of TPM and processor. So, you can create bypass registry entries to install Windows 11 in the following cases:

So guess we can bypass the tpm and processor requirements and install windows 11

Work laptop update was force updated by IT admins. So far, the changes I have experienced are really annoying, convoluted and just unnecessary. Will not willingly update my personal PC to 11. Does not surprise me adoption is low even for folks with PCs that are supported.

I have not came across anyone who likes Win 11! I had it and got rid of it faster than what it was installed.
It seems Windows 11 is the new Windows Vista!

I have not came across anyone who likes Win 11! I had it and got rid of it faster than what it was installed.
It seems Windows 11 is the new Windows Vista!

Oh please. Evidently you don’t get out much. Not even worth replying on real world stats with comments like this.

"Can't run on this PC"

*bypasses TPM requirements*

*Upgraded*

Well well,"can't" was a pretty strong word

Nice to be in the pc manufacturing and sales business about now. My windows 10 laptop that's about 8 years old still performs excellently for daily tasks, no issues!

Back