Lasik Surgery - My Experience (Long, detailed read..)

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
Are you mad? Sorry but I dont think that is a good decision
Why? That's seems a tad racist from your side? India has better medical facilities than we do. Their eye clinics are also world class and approved by foreign medical councils / organizations.

marine1

Honorary Master
Why? That's seems a tad racist from your side? India has better medical facilities than we do. Their eye clinics are also world class and approved by foreign medical councils / organizations.
Jeezuz F ing hell man How is it racist? :mad:
You need checkups done up to 6 months after the op. FFS :rolleyes:
You know what dont listen go and do it

marine1

Honorary Master
Bloody idiotic post I mean really.......go ahead. Have the op done what do I know I mean I just had it done this year.

TehStranger

Executive Member
You mean they won't steal your eyes and sell them on the [-]black[/-] Indian market? :rolleyes:

desiganp

Haven't read through the entire thread BUT a lot of people have difficulty driving at night after laser surgery. Severe glare from oncoming headlights.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. Use contacts, if glasses are not for you.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Haven't read through the entire thread BUT a lot of people have difficulty driving at night after laser surgery. Severe glare from oncoming headlights.

Lasik is not designed to cut out glare. It is meant to "restore" your vision.
If you want to cut out glare and bright light then you need an anti glare coating like Provencia over your lens.

desiganp

Lasik is not designed to cut out glare. It is meant to "restore" your vision.
If you want to cut out glare and bright light then you need an anti glare coating like Provencia over your lens.
Nowhere did I suggest that was its purpose.

It causes severe glare in many people, where the condition didn't exist before. The idea of LASIK is not to wear glasses, so the coating idea is moot.

grim

Expert Member

Had mine done in March. My vision at night is perfect and the glare is much less than I had with glasses or contacts

3Gee

Expert Member
India offers better health care than South Africa in their private sector

marine1

Honorary Master
Yes you get star bursts at night its part of the way it works. Would I prefer no star bursts and being bloody blind ? Sorry it's a tiny price yo pay to actually see properly now.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
It's 5 months after my PRK surgery, eyes are 20/20 and perfect!
Was better at 3.5 months already.

In some rare occasions, my eyes feel very dry but goes away after a while.

RandomGRK

Expert Member
I so badly want this done. I bloody hate my glasses and contacts. My Bro did it 10 years ago and he is still 20/20.

grim

Expert Member
Yes you get star bursts at night its part of the way it works. Would I prefer no star bursts and being bloody blind ? Sorry it's a tiny price yo pay to actually see properly now.

I don't get star bursts at night. I did have PRK though and not Lasik. But my advice to any that can do it would be to do it asap, being able to see perfectly without having to wear glasses or stick contacts in your eyes is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

ponder

Honorary Master
Nowhere did I suggest that was its purpose.

It causes severe glare in many people, where the condition didn't exist before. The idea of LASIK is not to wear glasses, so the coating idea is moot.
It's only temporary, it goes away after some months. Driving at night after the surgery was hell for me but the halo vision eventually went away.

Trish Jobe

I had Lasik surgery in 1998. There were a few complications, but it was sorted out and I have not looked back since. It's just great to look through my own eyes instead of glasses and contact lenses.