Last Poster Wins IX: LPW Reboot

Do you like rain in Winter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KT-B

Honorary Master
The rules are simple. Be the last person to post before the thread is closed - and you will be the winner. Traditionally it closes once it reaches 10k posts - that can change though. So be vigilant.

Normal forum rules of common decency apply.

Chat and have fun!

KT-B

Honorary Master
The mods are nice and let up open a new LPW.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Yes - though I am mildly disappointed. The goats were ready and eager.

Jings

Honorary Master
Yes - though I am mildly disappointed. The goats were ready and eager.
Led by the pigs, of course.

Best of all, no more complaints about buggy Tapatalk quoting. Yes RedV, John and awvince.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Where did the term reboot come from. It's it like going to bed and taking off your boot and then waking up and rebooting?
Have you turned it off and on again ? When a computer starts it reads the boot sector on the disk (command.com, tests your IO devices, loads all the required drivers...basically loads your bios system). So when you restart it - we call it rebooting (making it reread the boot sector). Well that is how I see it in my head.

KT-B

Honorary Master
What scares you most about your future?
Whose future ?

For me it would be getting old and not allowed/able to drive. I cannot imagine being stuck anywhere. That is very scary.

Jings

Honorary Master
Whose future ?

For me it would be getting old and not allowed/able to drive. I cannot imagine being stuck anywhere. That is very scary.
For me too. I can't see myself stuck in an old age home, not going anywhere.

Would that explain why you enjoy playing taxi?

KT-B

Honorary Master
For me too. I can't see myself stuck in an old age home, not going anywhere.

Would that explain why you enjoy playing taxi?
Oh yes - I like to see new things - go to new places. I love driving. When I got to Kzn - I drive the whole way. Dreading when the kids have their learners and I have to let them do some of it.

BaronBuffoon

Executive Member
Have you turned it off and on again ? When a computer starts it reads the boot sector on the disk (command.com, tests your IO devices, loads all the required drivers...basically loads your bios system). So when you restart it - we call it rebooting (making it reread the boot sector). Well that is how I see it in my head.
Or pulling itself up by its bootstraps.

BaronBuffoon

Executive Member
What scares you most about your future?
Living long enough to reach retirement age. I'm told that I don't have enough in my company pension to retire on. Not sure if Beatty House caters for people in their 60s, either.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Living long enough to reach retirement age. I'm told that I don't have enough in my company pension to retire on. Not sure if Beatty House caters for people in their 60s, either.
I am sure there is a place, which is similar, that does.
At my mom's place they have frail care. Costs upward of 17k a month depending on the sort of care you need.