Leaked recording captures ANC MEC’s rant over expedited delivery

Excalibur

Expert Member
During election season there is a temptation for parties to try tailor service delivery to win favour.
Now, in a newly emerged audio recording, Gauteng’s ANC MEC for sport, arts, culture and recreation, Faith Mazibuko, can be heard pressuring staff to deliver sporting facilities ahead of elections, with seemingly little regard for tender processes and legal prescripts.

In the recording a furious-sounding Mazibuko demands that planned “combi courts” (used for a combination of sporting activities) be rolled out before elections because, she says, referring to one such facility, “we want to use it to campaign and win elections”.
Her anger is sparked when her staff point out that there might be a rollover on the combi courts to the next financial year. One staffer says in the recording that the department has explored ways of expediting the combi courts but that due process may delay implementation.
Link.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
this f-ing tard didn't listen to one sentence from her staff, just shouts over them and repeats what she 'wants'
and the legal process is 'stories' only

how about don't make promises that you can't deliver, idiot!

Excalibur

Expert Member
"Which other department has an Indian that is a CFO? You are the second one, a woman, you must thank your lucky stars."

thechamp

Honorary Master
It is well known that they fool voters with service delivery before the elections, they just deny it because that is what politicians do, I went home last week and there is something happening in my village, It is one of those projects that are not going to go anywhere after the elections.

Last edited:

Excalibur

Expert Member
"Which other department has an HOD who is a mlungu? Ayikho! including national. So you must thank me for empowering you! You must do your work or get out!"

eg2505

Honorary Master
thought it was a tantrum at a BMW dealership, was complaining the seats aren't in the leopard print she wants.

eg2505

Honorary Master
such recordings should be played at ANC rallies to remind people of who they are voting for,

such racist,m0rons who cant even run a spaza shop, yet trying to run a country (badly)

holler

WTF???
If this is what's happening in public sector, then I'll never go work there. The lady is arrogant in her ignorance??
Wonder if she'll now get the boot or just a slap on the wrist, ANC-style....

Excalibur

Expert Member
WTF???
If this is what's happening in public sector, then I'll never go work there. The lady is arrogant in her ignorance??
Wonder if she'll now get the boot or just a slap on the wrist, ANC-style....
Nothing will happen, look at Bathabile and Nomvula, still in the ANC list.

surface

Executive Member
"Which other department has an Indian that is a CFO? You are the second one, a woman, you must thank your lucky stars."
"Which other department has an HOD who is a mlungu? Ayikho! including national. So you must thank me for empowering you! You must do your work or get out!"
And a bit later. “That’s why some departments, they don’t want to see a white woman or any Indian woman! It’s not about racism, it’s because you like talking English!” - she shouted this in English. :unsure: