Leaked recording captures ANC MEC’s rant over expedited delivery

ponder

Honorary Master
Andile is clearly not himself, too much zol or something.
He's just trying to score political brownie points, he's even more disgusting.

EDIT: Just read further and saw fake account.

3WA

Executive Member
Faith Mazibuko is the same person who told a mother of triplets to keep her legs closed and not have children.

So she's not all bad.

Mista_Mobsta

Tax payments into earmarked trusts are the only way to ensure people like Mazibuko are removed from their offices and replaced with skilled, competent and dedicated public servants. Remove the ANC's feeding troughs and force them to deploy competent people instead of these Dunning-Kruger nepotistic cadres.

garp

Executive Member
Mazibuko: "That's why some departments, they don't even want to see a white woman or any Indian woman ... it's not about racism, it's because you like talking English ... You are the lucky ones, you must thank me!".

Can you imagine the crapstorm the reverse of this would cause?

If I were those staffers I'd resign and go directly to the CCMA - based on that recording, they would get a good settlement on everything from constructive dismissal to verbal abuse.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
Gauteng MEC Faith Mazibuko offers apology to her staff over rant – 'I became emotional'

Gauteng MEC for sport and recreation Faith Mazibuko has apologised to her subordinates for her behaviour after the leaking of audio clips in which she allegedly tried to force her staff to disregard procurement processes in the construction of sports facilities in order to help the ANC win elections.

In a statement issued on Thursday, Mazibuko denied that her instructions to senior managers in the department were illegal.

"I wish to reiterate that at no stage did I give unlawful instructions to senior managers in the department except to stress the importance of achieving performance targets of the department and fulfilling promises made to communities as part of service delivery agreements and that this should be carried out within the prescripts of the law," she said.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/gauteng-mec-faith-mazibuko-offers-apology-to-her-staff-over-rant-i-became-emotional-20190314

Not accepted. She should be fired. She should go sit in a shack and look for a job. This will be good for her to see what the average South African is facing every day.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Gauteng MEC Faith Mazibuko offers apology to her staff over rant – 'I became emotional'

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/gauteng-mec-faith-mazibuko-offers-apology-to-her-staff-over-rant-i-became-emotional-20190314

Not accepted. She should be fired. She should go sit in a shack and look for a job. This will be good for her to see what the average South African is facing every day.
And now she is going to deal with them, I hope for their sake they don't think this is the end of it.

schumi

Honorary Master
Her tone is one of the last things she should be apologizing for, she did not address the racism the mixing of state and party lines, the possible unfair labour practices her hatred of English. calling tax payers/government money hers seemed strange.

deesef

Virtually every day there are RIOTS and arson due to lack of housing, clean water, free this, free that, etc. I have never seen a report of riots or arson where the buggers demand combi-courts!

Why the 'uck must that dumb beach go nuts over something that is probably not even in the top-100 of urgent requirements. That woman is a D00$, but we knew that already.

Flanders

Honorary Master
Her tone is one of the last things she should be apologizing for, she did not address the racism the mixing of state and party lines, the possible unfair labour practices her hatred of English. calling tax payers/government money hers seemed strange.
True. And her tone was like broken window glass on a corrugated iron conveyor belt.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

3WA

Executive Member
Hardly... They arent even vaguely worried about the illegal behaviour at all... just the fact that it is in the public and that they are embarrassed.
Yeah, I agree it's for show - I'm just surprised that they're acknowledging that there may be a slight problem.

I don't remember them acting this quickly against Qedani Mahlangu or Brian Hlongwa.

3WA

Executive Member
Close to the elections... that is the only reason.
He also said the ANC wanted to apologise to Gauteng residents, whites and Indians in particular, explaining that the party believed Mazibuko knew her actions were in the wrong
They must be truly desperate to say this.