Leaked recording captures ANC MEC’s rant over expedited delivery

krycor

Honorary Master
Gauteng MEC Faith Mazibuko offers apology to her staff over rant – 'I became emotional'

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/gauteng-mec-faith-mazibuko-offers-apology-to-her-staff-over-rant-i-became-emotional-20190314

Not accepted. She should be fired. She should go sit in a shack and look for a job. This will be good for her to see what the average South African is facing every day.
Hardly... They arent even vaguely worried about the illegal behaviour at all... just the fact that it is in the public and that they are embarrassed.
There are 4 problems here..
1. Elections rules around state vs party and service delivery and using state funding/facilities for political party promotion.
2. labour law
3. Racism
4. Procurement policies

They seem to only care to address 2 & 3.. but point 1 & 4 seem to be accepted as the norm.. till they get taken to task over it. Whats unfortunate, ironically, is that it this was not kept under-lid till later and then used to essentially take her out. Yes money would have been wasted but it would cause more drama.. right now, as she has done.. its merely inference to get service delivery :rolleyes:.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
There are 4 problems here..
1. Elections rules around state vs party and service delivery.
2. labour law
3. Racism
4. Procurement policies

They seem to only care to address 2 & 3.. but point 1 & 4 seem to be accepted as the norm.. till they get taken to task over it. Whats unfortunate, ironically, is that it this was not kept under-lid till later and then used to essentially take her out. Yes money would have been wasted but it would cause more drama.. right now, as she has done.. its merely inference to get service delivery :rolleyes:.
They're not even dealing with 2 & 3.. they're just embarrassed she let it happen and be recorded. Also keeping it under-lid until later wouldn't change the fact that nothing will happen to her.

krycor

Honorary Master
They're not even dealing with 2 & 3.. they're just embarrassed she let it happen and be recorded. Also keeping it under-lid until later wouldn't change the fact that nothing will happen to her.
With the current state of affairs it would come to light via a whistle blower and then the administrator would be held liable.

Yah 2 & 3 just because they caught with pants down and even then they only concerned with 3.

konfab

Honorary Master
That ain't gonna happen. They have too many old grannies to pursue than members of the government.

The SAHRC is captured.

The SAHRC found that this did not constitute hate speech. In its view, “a determination of hate speech in this case hinges on whether the addition of ‘at least for now’ to the statement that Mr Malema is ‘not calling for the slaughter of white people’ can be reasonably construed to demonstrate a clear intention to incite harm at some indeterminate time in the future. Such incitement is not ‘imminent’ as per the language of section 16(2)(c) of the Constitution or foreseen at the time when the utterances are made. Moreover, viewed in its context, the statement deals with the subject matter of land dispossession and redistribution, and is not aimed at inciting harm to white people.”
https://www.fwdeklerk.org/index.php/en/latest/news/877-article-the-sahrc-s-latest-finding-on-julius-malema

You need the Aslan-Uygur Decoder 5000 to truly understand what Malema is saying.
When he says, we are not calling for the slaughter of white people, at least for now , what is actually means for us non-woke folk is " Black people need redistribution and white people will not be harmed"

Knyro

Honorary Master
Anybody that's ever had the displeasure of interacting with an ANC MEC knows that this is par for the course. Arrogant POS that act like chiefs, surrounded by sychophants and yes men.

Disgusting.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Saying "It's not about racism" does not make it "not about racism"
Her own mouth outed her - she is a racist. There should be no room for her in our government.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Anybody that's ever had the displeasure of interacting with an ANC MEC knows that this is par for the course. Arrogant POS that act like chiefs, surrounded by sychophants and yes men.

Disgusting.
Agree. I've watched and listened from a short distance in the business class lounges at SAA and mostly want to get up and leave. They know how to lay it on thick. Love the high life, hate the job and the people.

smi

Expert Member
All I heard was waah waah waah, couldn't understand a damn word, felt like I was experiencing my useless car insurance call centre all over again.

Sneeky

Honorary Master
The caliber of MEC management and oversight skills, and people wonder why this country is fubar.

Astonishing.

Sneeky

Honorary Master
LOL, pull the other one.

I saw another report that said the MEC was now in 'hot water' with the integrity commission.
Funny stuff :laugh:

More like prime 22 DegC water on a hot balmy tropical sunny humid day, the best place to be and be comforted.
I bet the first question from the ANC will be, 'can I refill your mojito ma'am and would you like an umbrella with that'.