Legal rights against Dischem

Salmank

Hi,

Inspite of having a covid-19 case last week, Dischem still violated our health by allowing their staff to work, before the results were recieved.

I have high blood pressure, and bought all my tablets from Dischem. I also have a 3 month old baby, who has a heart problem.

This puts us at great risk.

Should I sit quietly, or is there something I should do about this?

saor

Honorary Master
If Dischem wasn't open where would you have got your tablets from? You presumably knew the risk involved by going out in public...

I'm actually not sure what you're saying here here? Dischem put you at great risk by staying open to allow you to buy essential medication even though you had a choice about whether to go or not?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yes you should presume COVID is EVERYWHERE when you leave the house.

Legal proceedings will go absolutely nowhere as the risk is the same to everyone.

Different story if they willfully injected you with Covid or some weird **** like that.

You could have had your medicine delivered...

Also to get any traction at all you would need to actually get Covid and then be able to prove it was due to negligence from Dis-Chem which is basically impossible.

genetic

Honorary Master
Hi,

Inspite of having a covid-19 case last week, Dischem still violated our health by allowing their staff to work, before the results were recieved.

I have high blood pressure, and bought all my tablets from Dischem. I also have a 3 month old baby, who has a heart problem.

This puts us at great risk.

Should I sit quietly, or is there something I should do about this?

You're clutching at straws.

Snyper564

Honorary Master
Yes you should presume COVID is EVERYWHERE when you leave the house.

Legal proceedings will go absolutely nowhere as the risk is the same to everyone.

Different story if they willfully injected you with Covid or some weird **** like that.

You could have had your medicine delivered...

Also to get any traction at all you would need to actually get Covid and then be able to prove it was due to negligence from Dis-Chem which is basically impossible.
I fully agree with this and not just anywhere all health related places are even more risky than ww for example. If you are compromised you must avoid those places as far as possible.

Daisy Cloudskitter

Expert Member
Asymptomatic carriers apparently a major issue globally, not only here.

24 more positives reported at that store, although it does sound like Dischem have done what they can to resolve.
Employees quarantined , entire staff compliment changed, store cleaning, etc. according to this later report :

Edit : @Salmank , perhaps you can get your medications delivered at home in future ?

Last edited:

Salmank

Thanks guys

Learnt the hard way.:crying:

Will rather start to use their online portals from now.

tRoN

Executive Member
The key points are :

1. Did you or anyone in your family contract covid

2. If you did, how can you prove it’s from Dischem

3. If you did, what were your health outcomes?

Salmank

Nope. Did not get any flu or anything. Just got anxious and annoyed with Dischem.

Done a test. Fortunately we clear.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
I think you're a real douche by going out when you know your baby has a condition.

Whatever happens to you, you will/could pay the price but your negligence to put someone else at risk is unacceptable.

Get tested every 7 days for 3 weeks.

maumau

Honorary Master
Had to order chronic meds to be collected from Dischem Randpark.

Terrifying thought but what are the options?

John Tempus

Executive Member
Nope. Did not get any flu or anything. Just got anxious and annoyed with Dischem.

Done a test. Fortunately we clear.

At this time it is almost better to do a test and return positive yet having no symptoms.

At least you will be way more secure in your health during this crisis knowing that you are asymptomatic.

Nemesys

Had to order chronic meds to be collected from Dischem Randpark.

Terrifying thought but what are the options?
Let your feet do the talking. I would get my meds another chemist in future and avoid ever going to Dischem again.

marco79

Expert Member
I treat all shops and pharmacies like hotspots. If I have to get supplies I go in the morning as soon as the shop/pharmacy opens.

Try to plan your future trips a bit better.

Treat every area outside of your home as being infected. Rather be safe than sorry.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Thanks, will phone them tomorrow.

Personally I don't see how they can deliver every person's meds but certainly worth a try.

Are you with Discovery?

Then use MedXpress.

They deliver all your chronic as well as anything else prescribed via Clicks and/or Dis-Chem.