Lekota gets standing ovation - Ramaphosa a 'sell-out'

The Free Radical

Mosiuoa Lekota gets standing ovation for calling Ramaphosa a 'sell-out'
Cope leader Mosiuoa Lekota stunned the national assembly when he held it to ransom, refusing to address the house until President Cyril Ramaphosa returned to the chamber on Wednesday.

Shortly before Lekota took to the podium during day two of the debate on the state of the nation address, Ramaphosa briefly stepped out of the house.

When he noticed that, Lekota in an unprecedented move refused to speak until the president returned.

"Madam speaker, shouldn't I wait for the president," he said, to which presiding officer Thandi Modise said: "No honourable Lekota, please proceed now you're wasting your time, please proceed."

"The president addressed me when he was here on the podium [last Thursday]. I want the president because I want to answer some of the things he said to me, he called me by name," replied Lekota.

Read more: https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2019-02-13-mosiuoa-lekota-gets-standing-ovation-for-calling-ramaphosa-a-sell-out/

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Good speech.. Not enough to make me want to vote for cope necessarily, but good none the less.

3WA

Executive Member
Any independent evidence of Cyril squealing?

Solarion

Honorary Master
"Our leaders talked and talked and talked but nothing could stem the avalanche"

Milano

Honorary Master
It is not beyond the realm of possibility that the SB implanted a probe back then and now control the president.

3WA

Executive Member
What is good about it? He was going on about something that happened decades ago.
Something that may or may not have happened.

When struggle heroes call each other impimpis, it's like when Floyd Shivambhu calls people racist. The accuser is paranoid and can sometimes see evidence of things that don't exist. The accusation is designed to destroy credibility with a minimum of evidence. The accuser banks on people who want to project their lived experience in lieu of evidence. "Yes!" the audience will shout. "These impimpis are everywhere! There was a guy who looked at me funny two days ago at Shoprite."

There's a reason the EFF jumped on this so quickly. They love a good witch hunt for impimpis in the same way they love jumping on a white racist bandwagon.

BBSA

Honorary Master
If Cyril Ramaphosa sold his comrades out to the apartheid regime then he won't be able to stop corruption in the ANC because the comrades will spill the beans or blackmail him. This may explain why he has no control over the party and is so terrified of JZ and Ace Magashule.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
This is just a clear indication why one should never vote COPE.
I don't agree often with you but here I do.

He wastes 4min whining, then breaks Parliament's rules to go on 40 year old gossips?

He can make a column in a newspaper for this. Don't use Parliament time to discuss a personal issue.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
If Cyril Ramaphosa sold his comrades out to the apartheid regime then he won't be able to stop corruption in the ANC because the comrades will spill the beans or blackmail him. This may explain why he has no control over the party and is so terrified of JZ and Ace Magashule.

What explains why he has no power is that he has a 52% majority and a few NEC members switching allegiance (Mabuza's clan for example) can topple him.

Zuma had 75% at Mangaung... Nobody could topple him easily and it took 6 years to do so.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
EFF wants new commission to probe Cyril Ramaphosa 'sellout' claims

The EFF has called for a commission of inquiry into claims that President Cyril Ramaphosa collaborated with apartheid authorities in the early 1970s.

The shocking allegations were made by Congress of the People (Cope) leader Mosiuoa Lekota during the state-of-the-nation (Sona) debate in parliament on Wednesday.
These people are so stuck in the past, no wonder Africa has no future.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
They want a commission of "injuiry" into the "allegaltions".

They did not rush at all to write that statement!

1550085217695.png

3WA

Executive Member
A month ago Lekota was an agent of Afriforum, now he’s an EFF darling.

thechamp

Honorary Master

It explain a lot of things, it also explain how Ramaphosa was able to win the ANC Presidency and why Zuma is in Nkandla and Cyril at the Union buildings, also explains how he was able to fire Moyane and Shaun, all the proof we ever needed.

Every time I thought we were done with this Zuma has dirt on everyone nonsense, someone comes up with something.