Lekota gets standing ovation - Ramaphosa a 'sell-out'

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Not claiming it to be true or not at all.

I can't be arsed. I can however assume there is something to this. Similarly look at him talking about the lost 9 years. He himself was 2nd in charge for a big chunk of the Zuma reign, he didn't say a thing. CR is a farking schemer... That is for sure!
Nobody would reach that position without being one. It's essential for survival in politics.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Sure, I would like to hope we do have some honest ones with at least some integrity.
Some would say reporting comrades who are busy filling your head with communist ideas was the most honest thing Ramaphosa could have done at the time. Looks like we have our man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3WA

Pitbull

Verboten
Nobody would reach that position without being one. It's essential for survival in politics.
Sure, but I too had hope for this Country when he won. Now it's coming to light he's just another Zuma, probably even worse

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Sure, but I too had hope for this Country when he won. Now it's coming to light he's just another Zuma, probably even worse
I see a lot (and I mean a LOT) of clean-up behing the scenes in SOEs and departments.

Dodgy people suspended, dodgy tenders frozen and reissued, dodgy suppliers sidelined...

3WA

Executive Member
Some would say reporting comrades who are busy filling you head with communist ideas was the most honest thing Ramaphosa would have done at the time. Looks like we have our man.
So Lekota is the reason we can't privatize Eskom! Fscking commies!

yebocan

Executive Member
Some, yes. Others have been removed from the ANC's parliamentary roll, resigned or moved to other parties, like Lekota. The primary reason cited for those removed is that they are/were not in support of the ANC's current policies and direction.
under Zuma?

Pitbull

Verboten
Some would say reporting comrades who are busy filling your head with communist ideas was the most honest thing Ramaphosa could have done at the time. Looks like we have our man.
Saving his own arse when against a wall in ratting out his team mates... ok then

thechamp

Honorary Master
It was my neighbour who gave evidence against Lekota – Ramaphosa
President Cyril Ramaphosa on Thursday denied claims made by Cope leader Mosiuoa Lekota in parliament on Wednesday when he said the president had sold out during the struggle. An emotional Ramaphosa said he’d made the personal decision to clear the air on the allegations despite having been advised against “dignifying” them by his team.

According to Ramaphosa, one thing Lekota got right was the fact that the two were detained in the same trial event in 1974. He was almost 22 years old, and a law student at the University of the North (Turfloop) at the time, said Ramaphosa.

He said: “I had been elected the chairman of the South African Students’ Organisation branch with Steve Biko and Barney Pityana, among others. We got involved through a call that had been made to organise rallies. The chairperson of the students’ representative council, Sedibe, who was the president of the SRC, got deeply immersed in this, and so did a number of us.
https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/politics/2083342/it-was-my-neighbour-who-gave-evidence-against-lekota-ramaphosa/

rietrot

Honorary Master
Why would you do that? He was just rambling about **** that he thinks happened 40 years ago.
He sticks to his principles. Isn't a sellout. Why he left the ANC in the first place when things started going down hill, before it was even cool to do so.

Last edited: