Lenovo to pay fine for installing adware on laptops

eg2505

Honorary Master
most manufacturers do this, sell you a PC with pre installed bloat and cr@pware.

its standard practice nowadays to make some extra money from the purchase of your pc.

if manufacturers were truly interested in cutting out bloatware, they would sell you the PC with nothing on it.
at a considerable discount.

infoseeker

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 300 laptop. What other crapware can I look for on the thing, and how do I make sure that the Superfish stuff is not installed?.

gamer16

Honorary Master
most manufacturers do this, sell you a PC with pre installed bloat and cr@pware.

its standard practice nowadays to make some extra money from the purchase of your pc.

if manufacturers were truly interested in cutting out bloatware, they would sell you the PC with nothing on it.
at a considerable discount.

Think the days of us getting consumer friendly tech products are long gone, we are data farms now

PS why dont you replace the pic of that Mig with a unbroken one?

here you go
hqdefault.jpg

eg2505

Honorary Master
Think the days of us getting consumer friendly tech products are long gone, we are data farms now

PS why dont you replace the pic of that Mig with a unbroken one?

here you go
hqdefault.jpg

its a mig performing a cobra manuver,

and yes fully agree regarding the data farms analogy.

gamer16

Honorary Master
its a mig performing a cobra manuver,

and yes fully agree regarding the data farms analogy.

I know what it is, your pic is broken hence I offered a replacement with the original.

garyc

Expert Member
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 300 laptop. What other crapware can I look for on the thing, and how do I make sure that the Superfish stuff is not installed?.

I find Ubuntu runs well on my Lenovo.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Upgrade to Windows 10 and just do a fresh start. It's built into Windows now.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Do a fresh install of Win 10 using the ISO from the MS website. I did this after I upgraded to an SSD and the nice side effect was no crappy Lenovo apps (if you do a fresh install from the recovery sector on your HDD, then the Lenovo apps will re-install as well).