Lesbian 'was kicked in groin' to convert her

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
A Pretoria woman has instituted a R1,5-million damages claim against a member of her church who allegedly kicked her several times between the legs in "a bid to convert her to being a heterosexual" as it was "ungodly" to be gay.

Cecilia (Liana) Munnik, 31, of Garsfontein stated in papers filed at the Pretoria High Court that not only was she severely injured, but her feelings were also hurt by the May 2007 incident. At the time Munnik was attending the 74th birthday party of a friend's father, who lived on the same Elarduspark property as Margaret and Gerhard de Beer. The couple now live in Potgietersrus.

Munnik and her friends parked their vehicle in front of the De Beers' home. A scuffle ensued when Mrs De Beer apparently wanted to get her car out of the garage and Munnik and her friends had to move their car.

It is claimed Mrs De Beer told Munnik that she, as a gay woman, would "go straight to hell" and that she was an insult to Christianity.

Others claims include that the woman kicked Munnik between the legs in a bid to "convert" her. Munnik stated in papers that Mrs de Beer continuously kicked her, so much so that she lost consciousness.

The assault took place in full view of other people, she said.

While she was being assaulted and badmouthed, Mr de Beer did nothing to stop his wife.

To make matters worse, he allegedly stopped one of Munnik's friends when she tried to intervene.

Munnik stated that Mr de Beer in fact pinned down her friend with his knee on her chin in a bid to stop her from intervening.

Munnik was treated at the Pretoria East Hospital and could not work for two weeks. She said she suffered serious emotional trauma and was subjected to humiliating medical examinations.

She is claiming R1-million for pain and suffering and medical expenses. A further R500 000 is claimed for her hurt feelings when Mrs De Beer allegedly made defamatory statements regarding her and gay people.

While both parties are members of the Hatfield Christian Church, they do not know each other.

Munnik said Mrs De Beer, however, knew that she was gay and her comments boiled down to "hate speech" regarding gay people. Munnik also felt that the woman insinuated that a person could not be gay and a Christian.

Mr de Beer told the Pretoria News on Sunday that Munnik's claims were "99 percent lies". He and his wife will consult their lawyer on Monday with the aim of fighting the claim, he said.
Source: IOL News

*blink*

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
I wonder if the "conversion attempt" worked. :D
Doubt it. My suggestion is that if it's true, kick Mr & Mrs De Beer in the head a few times and see if they change their minds.

I wonder which side is telling the truth.
My guess is that the medical exam would've at least determined whether or not she was kicked. The rest is, obviously, up to the courts to determine.

Anthro

Expert Member
I know for a fact that a **** punt works
Call Caster Semenya, quick

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
What would Dexter do? :p

Conversion?! Now you're talking my languange man. Not even my lawnmower standard! - Mike Naicker

Lesbians FTW!

sox63

Executive Member
Mr de Beer told the Pretoria News on Sunday that Munnik's claims were "99 percent lies". He and his wife will consult their lawyer on Monday with the aim of fighting the claim, he said.
I wonder then what the 1 percent thats true is all about... :)

zippy

Executive Member
Maybe Mrs de Beer invited her to her place for a "party" and the invitation was declined ?

/popcorn

VernD

Executive Member
Oh, being gay is ungodly, but what about kicking someone in the groin? :confused:

What happened to "Thou shalt not kill/kick" ?

And

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour?

Christians alright :twisted:

zippy

Executive Member
Oh, being gay is ungodly, but what about kicking someone in the groin? :confused:

What happened to "Thou shalt not kill/kick" ?

And

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour?

Christians alright :twisted:
Well, to be fair :D, there is no "Thou shall not kick in the nuts/fanny"

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Well, to be fair :D, there is no "Thou shall not kick in the nuts/fanny"
There is, however, a bit about should a woman grab another man's goods, even to protect her husband, her hand gets chopped off in there somewhere :p