Less than 1 day's blood left - News24

onebrickshort

If I'm in for an operation, I'd donate my own blood to be stored to be used just for me
If I'm in an accident, my blood is already on ice.
That doesn't make me selfish, because I donate money instead. However I draw the line at donating both blood and money That's called sucking one dry

SlyFly

Expert Member
A while ago I asked that question and my post was closed:confused:. I think that if we could sell it for example to over seas we could export mssive amounts. The unemployed in this country could every month earn some money. Its a legit idea!!!!:cool:
Awesome idea, spread the aids to the rest of the WORLD... Maybe then they'll do something about it :D

I've donated blood, not such a big deal, doesnt hurt, just feel a bit weird afterwards :)

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Awesome idea, spread the aids to the rest of the WORLD... Maybe then they'll do something about it :D

I've donated blood, not such a big deal, doesnt hurt, just feel a bit weird afterwards :)
Because only Africa has HIV/AIDS? :confused:

Padded Mouse

Expert Member
I am proud to say I donated my 81st pint yesterday. I donate as often as I can, and feel good about doing it.

They don't pay for bood here for various reasons, i.e. as said the law, possible corruption etc, people donating too often and lying about it to the detriment of their health etc. Massive admin involved in putting in safe checking systems.

Poor people would not really benefit as one can only donate every 58 days ... roughly the time it takes for your body to recoup the loss of blood.

People do not pay for the actual blood, but yes there are costs involved in handling, testing , preparing etc that need to be met. No money from the usage of blood goes to the medical aids.

The lack of blood is due to increased population, accidents, crime victims etc etc. They do quite a lot to advertise for dnors, but they too have had to cut down clinics because of safety factors, and staff being under possible threat of crime and violence.

I feel very strongly that unless there is a medical reason, there should be no other for people not donating. It takes the need for blood by you or a family member etc to drive home the importance of blood donations. e.g. when my father had his bypass he haemorrhaged and nearly bled out. He took nearly 20 units of both whole blood and packed cells etc

Makes you think doesn't it?