Let churches open, urges prominent preacher

daveza

Honorary Master
The idea of someone who can hardly feed their children, or keep them warm at night, feeling obliged to give 10% to the church ...... :mad:

SAguy

Expert Member
Religion is a non essential thing.

Ban religion please.
It's as banned as alcohol is right now, so...
No churches should be open, unless for a funeral of under 50 people if I understand the info provided so far correctly.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
No churches should be open, unless for a funeral of under 50 people if I understand the info provided so far correctly.
Bibles don't run out when reading it.

konfab

Honorary Master
This is how governments all over the world work. I am wary to waste my time in discussion with a clueless individual. To gauge your intelligence, please tell me what you understand about capital vs operation expenditure in the public sphere. Where to does the money to build public infrastructure such as roads, water, electricity, libraries, landfill sites, etc come from?
And how is that working out exactly? Roads, water, electricity, libraries are all in the toilet in this country. You don't need public finance to build any of those things. That is the part that you don't understand.

Hence the taxes. Glad we agree.
They are legitimate because they cannot be replaced by the private sector. Social contract theory explains why. However, if you want to delude yourself that SANRAL is the only entity in the country that is capable of making a flat piece of earth in the ground and covering it with tar, you can pay the government all you salary.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I tithe a large percentage to government. I won't give money a church unless they're running a charity.

Nqindi

And how is that working out exactly? Roads, water, electricity, libraries are all in the toilet in this country. You don't need public finance to build any of those things. That is the part that you don't understand.
Yeah, thought as much. :thumbsup:

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Open the churches and everything else!

If Stella got her groove back we can all do the same :cool:

phoenix99

Expert Member
This thread has been rather entertaining so far, thank you all.

Remember kids:

Cult + time = Religion

koeks525

Expert Member
Everyone who pays income tax effectively allows for much more of that to be stolen from their accounts.
Still, at least taxes go to helping and upkeep of the nation. As for taxes, one is just helping the pastor buy their Mercedez Benz ML500 and pay the mortgage. These churches might as well ask people to submit their payslips.

Mila

Honorary Master
5 people at a funeral.

Mila

Honorary Master
One of my volunteers are married to a Pastor thingy.
They have had a few non corona funerals the last week (i guess death doesn’t really care about Covid19)
And she told me they are only allowed 5 and they dis their first digital one as well.
maybe its just to be save.

Mila

Honorary Master

I am wrong. Now I wonder if there maybe was Covid 19 fears

Napalm

Expert Member
Still, at least taxes go to helping and upkeep of the nation. As for taxes, one is just helping the pastor buy their Mercedez Benz ML500 and pay the mortgage. These churches might as well ask people to submit their payslips.
I'm not a pastor.. but do drive Mercedes E500 2015 Model :) Very nice car must say :)