Lets [Debate] Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinMannion

Executive Member
Just for a change. No politics or race in this one.. I received this in the mail the other day and thought it was really good...

Top Ten indications that you’re over-obsessed with religion

#10 – You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

#9 – You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that humans were created from dirt.

#8 – You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

#7 – Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the male first-born babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" – including women, children, and trees.

#6 – You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods consorting with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

#5 – You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is about a couple of generations old.

#4 – You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs – though excluding those in all rival sects – will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering, and yet you consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

#3 – While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor "speaking in tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" your choice of religions to be the correct one.

#2 – You define .01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers, and consider that to be evidence that prayer works.
And you think that the remaining 99.99% failure was simply the will of God.

#1 – You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history – but you still call yourself a christian.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
taken from evilbible.com old information.

I would have preffered the topic "lets debate religion" . "lets bash religion" will not produce constructive debtate

GavinMannion

Executive Member
taken from evilbible.com old information.

I would have preffered the topic "lets debate religion" . "lets bash religion" will not produce constructive debtate
Do you really think that a thread starting with 10 points proving you are obsessed with religion is ever going to get a constructive thread going? Like I said I see it as a bash on religion in a humorous manner.

The oldies are the best ;)

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
Well to be fair, those points seem to be aimed at christianity. End result: the truth hurts (even though it was meant to be humourous) resulting in people complaining to the mods to lock the thread. In order for this to be constructive one would have to debate religion in a general manner.

For instance, does one go to heaven for being christian, or do they go to hell for not being muslim?

Last edited:

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
You can't debate religion, see reasons 1 to 10 above. :D

lol

Other useless information: Since the truth behind religions like christianity and islam have been making their way to the surface. More people are athiests today than religious (developed, educated countries), and its growing at an amazing rate. There does however seem to be a trend that simple rural folk with limited information sources tend to stay religious. (the mormons of Utah or NGK`ers of die vrysaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat)

One can only hope common sense will one day be the order of the day, and rules like "you should not tie a donkey and a cow together" are out the window.

Last edited:

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Well to be fair, those points seem to be aimed at christianity. In order for this to be constructive one would have to debate religion in a general manner.

For instance, does one go to heaven for being christian, or do they go to hell for not being muslim?

A jewish friend of mine has a muslim brother (he converted). Seems like bad little christian kids become satanists, and bad little jews become muslims.

GavinMannion

Executive Member
Other useless information: Since the truth behind religions like christianity and islam have been making their way to the surface. More people are athiests today than religious, and its growing at an amazing rate.
Do you have any facts to back that up I still thought most of the sheep where leaning towards religion.

jabulani

Expert Member
For those of you weary of happyclapping and idiots "rolling around on the floor "speaking in tongues"" I recommend the Church Of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, or Pastafarianism. Free pizza on conversion and a chance of winning a night with the Seven Vestal ( ie: wearing wet T-Shirts ) Virgins. Let His Noodliness into your heart at:
http://www.venganza.org/

simple_simon

Expert Member
there is one fundamental problem with chrisitanity.....no one has the orginals....of the books that make up the bible.

therefore there is nothing to debate....there is no guarantee what so ever that what the people orignally said are still present today in what ever version of christianity you choose.

there are no laws of god in the bible....they're the laws of men

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma

spiderz

Honorary Master
A jewish friend of mine has a muslim brother (he converted). Seems like bad little christian kids become satanists, and bad little jews become muslims.
Does that mean that bad satanists, become christians? and bad little muslims become jews? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.