Lets [Debate] Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prometheus

Banned
Oh come on. Prove it.
Yeah, I saw you replied to icyrus. My point was that you're just as guilty of hypocrisy.
Prove what? The fact that nobody has given any undisputable evidence so far is clear proof for anyone who wants it. I have never claimed to have any undisputable proof for anything yet others who demand that have made such claims without being able to back them up. So again show me where the hypocrisy really lies. :rolleyes:
I had some witty comment about faeries and wands, but it would be wasted. :cool: Later prom.
Witty like this?
I did not shake a tree, so where did you come from?
;)

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Um right prom :) As I said. Wasted :) Dont you have a witch to burn or something?

sparklehorse

Prove what? The fact that nobody has given any undisputable evidence so far is clear proof for anyone who wants it. I have never claimed to have any undisputable proof for anything yet others who demand that have made such claims without being able to back them up. So again show me where the hypocrisy really lies.
I have never claimed to have any undisputable proof for anything
Prometheus said:
I understand your confusion but Christianity is not merely another religion for those of us that believe in it. To us Christ has proven Himself as only He can to each of us in our own special way.

The fact that nobody has given any undisputable evidence so far is clear proof for anyone who wants it.
Proof of what?

Prometheus

Banned
Proof of what?
Proof that organisms (especially humans) evolved. That is what the subject was which I thought was settled. And before anybody starts bringing up wiki articles again, nobody has been able to provide any undisputable evidence/proof so far so unless you can provide the undisputable part you might as well not try. It's the undisputable part everybody seems to overlook.

sparklehorse

Proof that organisms (especially humans) evolved. That is what the subject was which I thought was settled. And before anybody starts bringing up wiki articles again, nobody has been able to provide any undisputable evidence/proof so far so unless you can provide the undisputable part you might as well not try. It's the undisputable part everybody seems to overlook.
Ok, let me get this straight.

The morphological evidence for evolution (fossils from different time periods) are according to you not indisputable evidence. What is it then?

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
Lol@sparkle...
For you they are indisputible evidence?
You have fossils from different time periods which scientists cannot all agree on and you take it on yourself to make the truth from that? Bear in mind that there are so many theories... many conflicting ones by scientists with more cred than yourself. So tell us... why is what you believe conclusively the truth? Bear in mind too that there are scientists who have a more open mind than yourself.

Last edited:

sparklehorse

Lol@sparkle...
No, I didn't say that.
You have fossils from different time periods which scientists cannot all agree on and you take it on yourself to make the truth from that? Bear in mind that there are so many theories... many conflicting ones by scientists with more cred than yourself. So tell us... why is what you believe conclusively the truth? Bear in mind too that there are scientists who have a more open mind than yourself.
So different people have different theories. Which one do you prefer? What do you make of the morphological evidence?

Mr TB

Banned
Ok, let me get this straight.

The morphological evidence for evolution (fossils from different time periods) are according to you not indisputable evidence. What is it then?
Why can't you produce any transitional fossils... connecting the time periods with each other and stop thumping us with this origin of species garbage?

Mr TB

Banned
Because fossils are rare, and difficult to find. Nevertheless, here is a list that will get you started:List of transitional fossils

The Tiktaalik roseae was discovered recently.

How do you explain all these fossils?
QUOTE:
". Since all species are supposed to be in transition due to natural selection, the very term "transitional fossil" is essentially a misconception."

This statement indicate that mankind are in transition due to natural selection. When do the origin of species-thumpers expect a new form of mankind, higher than caucasian to develop?

May be development is undermined due to african and asian influence?

sparklehorse

Are you saying your parents might be from africa or asia?

Edit:
Sorry that was unnecessary.

QUOTE:
". Since all species are supposed to be in transition due to natural selection, the very term "transitional fossil" is essentially a misconception."
This statement indicate that mankind are in transition due to natural selection. When do the origin of species-thumpers expect a new form of mankind, higher than caucasian to develop?
Devolution Fallacy
The term "devolution", which normally means a delegation of powers, is sometimes erroneously used to refer to the evolution of a species into more "primitive" forms. Many lay people see evolution as "progress", reflecting the ideas of Lamarckism. However, scientists recognize that evolution by natural selection is directionless, and so "devolution" is still actually evolution.
And you should know by now that the evolution of man is much to slow to see much difference in one lifetime.

Now, back onto the ignore list for you.

Last edited:

Claymore

Executive Member

Nice, a racist too.

Xarog

Honorary Master
This thread should be locked and then shot to put it out of its mysery.

Prometheus

Banned
Lol@sparkle...
No, I didn't say that.
So different people have different theories. Which one do you prefer? What do you make of the morphological evidence?
See, this is exactly what I am talking about. You bring it up knowing full well it is not indisputable evidence when I specifically said indisputable. Isn't that information dishonesty?
douwdouw : Can you provide any evidence for creationism?
Why ask someone for something that they have admitted they can't provide.
Great, one of the evolution thumpers. Did you also overlook the undisputable part or just ignore it? You show a few instances where evolution might have occured but can't show that our diverse range of species are a result of it. Question: Did humans evolve from apes or apes from humans? Maybe we have it all wrong and we are the ancient ancestors of micro-organisms and the evolutionary time table somehow got turned around in some catastrophe. You have to help out here with your superior knowledge because interpetations vary widely.

SlickNick

Expert Member
OMG is this still going on? :/ I would have expected people to have something better to talk about by now.

sparklehorse

Ok. So you discard everything that is not indisputably proven to you? If it cannot be proven 100% then it should be discarded?

What do you make of the fossils that were found (I assume you don't dispute that)

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Prometheus : Well then we are making a judgement call on a theory that has an overwhelming amount of evidence to support it, yet douwdouw effectively says it is a lie, and promotes creationism which has nothing to support it.

Logical? no?

Status
Not open for further replies.