Let's talk about psychics

Splinter

Honorary Master
That is the sad reality.

It's a case of supply and demand.

The weak looking for a crutch and predators who are all too happy to provide them.

Sometimes unconsciously, as can be witnessed on this very forum. Generally quite maliciously as can be from those examples making a fortune off the back of it.
Agreed. Although it's not just the "weak" - those wrapped in grief are not necessarily weak; simply unable to cope with it.

Zoopy

Banned
There is a big difference between a sceptic and a closed minded militant sceptic and #Arksun is the latter. No proper research done but only spews his own thoughts on the subject. His statement that psychics must be jailed for fraud is laughable. He forgets that one cannot imprison people on assumption of fraud unless it is proven by fact.
I can only assume he has had a bad experience with a psychic or he is looking for attention here. I can run rings around him but I have mellowed over time and do not wish to get into a mud slinging match that he cannot win.
I would question how you came to this conclusion, but you believe in psychics so this is a tame delusion in comparison.

Arksun

Expert Member
I can only assume he has had a bad experience with a psychic or he is looking for attention here. I can run rings around him but I have mellowed over time and do not wish to get into a mud slinging match that he cannot win.
In an intellectual match of sanity vs bat**** crazy, I wonder how you aim to do that.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Let's just say I can understand your militant view (for whatever reason) and I too put on my ripoff shades when money grabbing frauds come out the woodwork ..... but I am also open minded to the opposite. I have seen and heard enough from people who parted with zero money in any way to think hey, maybe there is something there.
Care to share what makes you think there would be something there?

I'm not convinced of it on any level, unless it can be put through the method and repeatedly tested.

I disagree with the OP that they're all in it for the money, but there almost certainly is an ulterior motive and/or something dodgy about these people...

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Well at least @Oopsie has a sense of humour...or he also misunderstood my comment.

Either way, free rep.

grok

Honorary Master
Care to share what makes you think there would be something there?

I'm not convinced of it on any level, unless it can be put through the method and repeatedly tested.

I disagree with the OP that they're all in it for the money, but there almost certainly is an ulterior motive and/or something dodgy about these people...
This guy is definitely in it for the money..

For R5,000, sangoma will pray for an informal miner’s safety

A traditional doctor has struck gold with the fears of miners who work the dangerous, disused mines in the hope of finding gold. He also “helps” the buyers of the ore.

Ziso has different rates for various “levels” of protection. “Level one,” he says, “I pray to protect young men from maphogo mine guards in less rich mines.” (The maphogo are security guards on patrol in the gold mines on the East Rand.)

“This level of prayer only costs R300,” he says.

“Level 2, I pray to prevent rock falls from hurting the ‘boys’ at rich mines like Welkom. This service, I charge R2,000.”

He tells the miners, “Never go to these mines without my prayer beads. I need to watch your ancestors while you are working underground.”

“Level 3 prayer is my highest … I work the spirits of high value gold buyers and miners who try to enter rich legal mines like the ones in Carletonville town.”

For this, he charges R5,000 once a year.

Sekuru Ziso concedes that he plays on the emotional fears that diggers have about entering old, crumbling mines and calms their nerves with prayers.

Ziso has a service for the gold buyers too he explains: “I plant my dry chicken bones in their homes so that when they are smelting the gold ore, police or sophisticated robbers can never visit them.”
Unsophisticated robbers are immune against his Booga Booga, so it seems..

Last edited:

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
I can run rings around him but I have mellowed over time and do not wish to get into a mud slinging match that he cannot win.
With such a bold claim surely you can muster up the energy and vigor by giving us a display of your awesomeness.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
There is a big difference between a sceptic and a closed minded militant sceptic and #Arksun is the latter. No proper research done but only spews his own thoughts on the subject. His statement that psychics must be jailed for fraud is laughable. He forgets that one cannot imprison people on assumption of fraud unless it is proven by fact.
Haha simpsons.jpg

Oopsie

The OP has backed off now. Is he scared to take me on? No problem as I will let him rant and rave and I will win every argument but I think his mud slinging will turn into poo throwing.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
The OP has backed off now. Is he scared to take me on? No problem as I will let him rant and rave and I will win every argument but I think his mud slinging will turn into poo throwing.
You're the guy who believes in psychic parrots, right?

Oopsie

And then dogs can tell when their owners are about to have some medical emergency. Have you not heard of this???

copacetic

King of the Hippies
And then dogs can tell when their owners are about to have some medical emergency. Have you not heard of this???
Simply making assertions does not make for very elegant or meaningful ring-running...

Arksun

Expert Member
Um.. look a few posts up.

Arksun

Expert Member
So humans aren't the only species able to tell when things are about to go to ****. Applause for figuring that one out all by yourself. Now how does this translate to psychic power?

Oopsie

So humans aren't the only species able to tell when things are about to go to ****. Applause for figuring that one out all by yourself. Now how does this translate to psychic power?
What power do you think it is. We all know that dogs can do this not so? Even rats have that ability and depart from a place that us people do not know is to be hit by a catastrophe. Instinct or whatever. It remains psychic.

We too have this ability but most of us have un learned this ability due to us not needing it anymore. Some people have still retained it though and it is called PSI.
Perhaps the rats ancestors told them to run the hell out.:)

Arksun

Expert Member
What power do you think it is. We all know that dogs can do this not so? Even rats have that ability and depart from a place that us people do not know is to be hit by a catastrophe. Instinct or whatever. It remains psychic.

We too have this ability but most of us have un learned this ability due to us not needing it anymore. Some people have still retained it though and it is called PSI.
Perhaps the rats ancestors told them to run the hell out.:)
Oh right. And rats that get eaten by serpents hang around willingly...

Oopsie

Now lets start with your first frustration on your list.... John Edward. I will answer your frustrations one at a time.

It seems that you are getting your info from Sceptoid and the forum that dedicates itself to call JE "The Biggest Douche in the Universe."
Perhaps you have been watching too much of South Park and think the animations are real.

JE has been one of the most scientifically investigated psychics ever and has a billion to billion hit ratio. This, when he could not read some people at all and he did not use cold reading to pretend. He just said that he had no connection.
These tests were all double and triple blind so no cold reading was possible.