Let's talk about psychics

Splinter

Honorary Master
Okay, here's a fun reading done on a simple recording which was amplified and slowed down.

Left you worried. Say I love you, my sweet son. You know how I feel. You fell on your knee. Do you need me here? Wendall. Drinks are on me. Oh yes please, Sherrin. I have more money.
Let's see what major hooks this reading could have.

"I love you"

"sweet son"

"how I feel"

"drinks"

"oh yes please"

"more money"

Bleh. This is rather disgusting in a way.

cyghost

Executive Member
I am sick of hearing the terms that skeptic websites suggest their members to use. All pseudo skeptics use them over and over and over.
Ad hominem, strawman, tinfoil hat.
Is that really the best you can do without help?
not even close to how sick I am of the utter stupidity and the morons I encounter daily. If the big bad words scare you, perhaps don't indulge in broken thinking and massive unevidenced paranoid conspiracy nutballery?

help? what help? you see why it looks like you need a tinfoil hat?? I tell you what, if you provide one, just one, ONE, ****ing ONE skeptic website out of the millions and millions and millions of websites that exists that suggests or prescribes to its members to use these big scary words that terrifies you, I'd beg your humblest apologies. Surely there is at least one stupid website out there that you have seen that tells its members to use these scary words for some or other bizarre reason? Surely you didn't just suck that from your *******? Like all the other claims so far seem to have been?

You keep on making stupid claims, I point them out and ask for you to back up these utterly ****witted ideas and you just pop out with more dumb remarks. Your epic failure is writ large for all to see.

Dave

Honorary Master
not even close to how sick I am of the utter stupidity and the morons I encounter daily. If the big bad words scare you, perhaps don't indulge in broken thinking and massive unevidenced paranoid conspiracy nutballery?

help? what help? you see why it looks like you need a tinfoil hat?? I tell you what, if you provide one, just one, ONE, ****ing ONE skeptic website out of the millions and millions and millions of websites that exists that suggests or prescribes to its members to use these big scary words that terrifies you, I'd beg your humblest apologies. Surely there is at least one stupid website out there that you have seen that tells its members to use these scary words for some or other bizarre reason? Surely you didn't just suck that from your *******? Like all the other claims so far seem to have been?

You keep on making stupid claims, I point them out and ask for you to back up these utterly ****witted ideas and you just pop out with more dumb remarks. Your epic failure is writ large for all to see.
True...

Jings

Honorary Master
Sigh. WTF did you think this meant?:

"One such example is Paul which turned out to be the surname of a colleague. Session was done in February 2016, however I only heard of the company in June 2016 when I got a phone call for a temp job interview, unemployed at the time. Job was for six weeks, but was called back for a permanent position starting 1st December. Surname has significance because surname if first in the address book which means we often get internal mails addressed to us in our surnames. Her son's name is Zee, and so is the nickname of our colleague that started in June 2017."

What exactly did you prove with the above?
If you're wondering what it proved for you, the answer is nothing. To me it holds incredible significance coupled with everything else I'm aware of that's in the journals pertaining to me and people in my circle.

Let's see what major hooks this reading could have.

"I love you"

"sweet son"

"how I feel"

"drinks"

"oh yes please"

"more money"

Bleh. This is rather disgusting in a way.
Last night it felt like something about struck a poignant cord with those words, leaving a lump in your throat. And you lashed out in defense. Sooner or later it's best to let the baggage go.

Splinter

Honorary Master
If you're wondering what it proved for you, the answer is nothing. To me it holds incredible significance coupled with everything else I'm aware of that's in the journals pertaining to me and people in my circle.
So, from trying to insult my character, you now have backtracked to the post being "nothing". Well done.

Last night it felt like something about struck a poignant cord with those words, leaving a lump in your throat. And you lashed out in defense. Sooner or later it's best to let the baggage go.
The only poignancy I feel is how sad your post is. To post stuff, that is continuously proven to be wrong, can likely only mean you believe the nonsense you post.

Arksun

Expert Member
The Keegan part is just pure fluff to add padding to the bull****. It’s of no relevance and I don’t know any Keegan whether online or offline.
Warrappen Keegan?

Sorry about the res... been threading through this thread again and couldn't resist

marco

Expert Member
I have noticed that people here have mellowed over the years and no longer wish to argue on this subject.

DMNknight

Expert Member
Those that have matured enough to debate in a manner that is conducive to changing their view on things, to grow and learn from the experience, have long ago learned that there are those that have not.
Unfortunately the trolls (i.e. non contributory participants, active trollers, Mr & Mrs Have to be Rights etc) win out on experience every time and simply whittle down the will to argue over time, afterall, getting people to write essays and simply replying with the equivalent of a grunt is exhausting to the former and exhilarating to the latter.

Very few have the mental fortitude to argue with any kind of discipline which is why participation levels are low.

*edit* disappearing sentence added back in.

Last edited:

Ponderer

Expert Member
Ok - I'll bite.
Quantum Physics.

Does anybody think that it be consciousness that collapses the wave function?
Please provide your answer with reasons.

Also.
Does anybody think that entangled particles are tethered to each other - that collapsing the wave function of one entangled particle will instantaneously collapse the wave function/s of the other entangled particle/s?

Pox

Expert Member
Ok - I'll bite.
Quantum Physics.

Does anybody think that it be consciousness that collapses the wave function?
Please provide your answer with reasons.

Also.
Does anybody think that entangled particles are tethered to each other - that collapsing the wave function of one entangled particle will instantaneously collapse the wave function/s of the other entangled particle/s?
Physics <> Psychics

DMNknight

Expert Member
Ooops - misread it.
Thanks for correction.
*snort*
Revealing exactly what axe you have to grind, your particular bias and the methodology you employ to mete out your agenda.

*edit*
and funnily enough...on second sight... any sign of a sensible discussion has somehow attracted your Remora ass into it.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
This thread it still going? I was hoping it had run its course by now. Still fun to watch the arguments though.

Ponderer

Expert Member
*snort*
Revealing exactly what axe you have to grind, your particular bias and the methodology you employ to mete out your agenda.

*edit*
and funnily enough...on second sight... any sign of a sensible discussion has somehow attracted your Remora ass into it.
Chill dude.
Put on some dry/clean underwear.

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member

The phrase "we're on the same wavelength" may be more than just a friendly saying: A new study by University of California, Berkeley, researchers shows that bats' brain activity is literally in sync when bats engage in social behaviors like grooming, fighting or sniffing each other.

"Whenever the bats were socially interacting, you could see these very robust correlations in brain activity," said Michael Yartsev, an assistant professor of neurobiology and bioengineering at UC Berkeley.

This study, appearing June 20 in the journal Cell, is the first to observe synchronized brain activity in a non-human species engaging in natural social interactions. The finding opens the door to future study on how our brains process social interactions and has potential implications for understanding diseases, like autism, that affect social behavior.

"This is a very core phenomenon that, for two decades, people have been excited about in humans," Yartsev said. "Now that we've observed it in an animal model, it opens the door to very detailed research of it."

While some correlations have been found between brain activity in socializing humans, human studies have been limited to using brain imaging techniques, such as functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), which does not measure electrical activity directly, or electroencephalography (EEG), which is typically limited to measuring low frequency brain waves.

In the study, Yartsev and Berkeley postdoctoral scholar Wujie Zhang used wireless neural recording devices to measure the brain activity of Egyptian fruit bats while the bats freely interacted in a chamber. The researchers' recording devices allowed them to capture what fMRI and EEG techniques cannot—signals that include the bats' higher frequency brain waves, as well as electrical activity from individual neurons.

They found surprisingly strong correlations between the bats' brains, especially for brain waves in the high frequency band. These correlations were present whenever the bats shared a social environment and increased before and during their social interactions.

"The inter-brain correlations were so strong that you could easily see them in the raw data," Zhang said. "This is the first time in my career where a result was so robust that it popped out from the data like that."
If bats can sync brainwaves, humans can sync brainwaves. If humans can sync brainwaves, then it's plausible that the syncing would serve as a communication medium, ergo ESP as a concept now has a scientific basis.

Score one for the woo merchants.