LG 55UK6200PLA VS Skyworth 55G6A11T

Arno89

Hi guys, first time TV buyer here. I'm planning on buying a set tomorrow and Makro is selling both these sets(LG 55UK6200PLA VS Skyworth 55G6A11T) for R8999.00. As far as I understand both sets use LG sourced panels.

Do you have any advice on what to look for, or which set is better to buy? I'm leaning towards the Skyworth at the moment, because of the Android OS. Obviously I'm going to physically look at both as well to determine picture quality etc.

Hi guys, first time TV buyer here. I'm planning on buying a set tomorrow and Makro is selling both these sets(LG 55UK6200PLA VS Skyworth 55G6A11T) for R8999.00. As far as I understand both sets use LG sourced panels.

Do you have any advice on what to look for, or which set is better to buy? I'm leaning towards the Skyworth at the moment, because of the Android OS. Obviously I'm going to physically look at both as well to determine picture quality etc.
What was your experience and which one you ended choosing?

Arno89

I ended up choosing the Skyworth, because I got a better deal on it. I've only had two issues so far.
1. Pairing the gaming controller is a hassle. I eventually got it paired, but I still don't know how.
2. I haven't been able to get the additional voice remote to work.

I've been using a third party remote with a full keyboard, because searching Youtube videos on the standard remote takes forever.

Other than that, the image quality and sound are good. There's a slight delay on the audio when I connect the TV to my PC with the HDMI cable (not supplied), but I'm guessing it's probably just a bad quality cable.

Ok thanks— I like LG remote as it has mouse type to easily toggle but on other hand android is on skyworth and hoping it can give me features like on phone

Will make decision soon

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Our 10 year old LG 42"plasma is nearing the end of its usefulness. The HDMI inputs were damaged by a lightning strike. Time nears to replace it. The Skyworth looks attractive with the applications it offers. It would be this or a Samsung, as the other telly is Samsung and offers great viewing.

initroot

I have the LG and have no issues with it. Great TV, HDR is good, so is the smart TV functions. Dstv now app works great.

GreatWmR

i also got the skyworth tv minimal problems
except the bluetooth remote broke