LG G4 Motherboard Failure and Vodacom Contract

talisman3

Hi Guys
2 weeks ago my LG G4 went into reboot cycles and eventually bricked to mobile heaven. Thankfully I am on contract with Vodacom, the phone still under warranty. The motherboard was replaced but here's where I need your input; I asked the assistant at Vodacom how long the replacement part is under guarantee and he explained that I can return it within 7 days of replacement if there is a fault otherwise it's only under warranty for the duration of the existing contract.

Whaat? So if the phone bricked with one month to go, the replacement part is only covered for one month. This does not sound right, or am I wishing upon a star?

chickenbeef

Executive Member
That's how it works.

Getting an item repaired/replaced within the warranty period does not extend the warranty period.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
Hi Guys
2 weeks ago my LG G4 went into reboot cycles and eventually bricked to mobile heaven. Thankfully I am on contract with Vodacom, the phone still under warranty. The motherboard was replaced but here's where I need your input; I asked the assistant at Vodacom how long the replacement part is under guarantee and he explained that I can return it within 7 days of replacement if there is a fault otherwise it's only under warranty for the duration of the existing contract.

Whaat? So if the phone bricked with one month to go, the replacement part is only covered for one month. This does not sound right, or am I wishing upon a star?
firstly, what chickenbeef said.

secondly, your motherboard bricked due to a known problem on all motherboards that start wiht the 50 serial number.

you will see your serial number now starts with 60

motherboard wont brick again, chill.