LG is shutting down its phone business by July 31st

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Meh. The G6 was the last Okey phone they did.

Samsung killed them.

Not nearly that simple. Much more complex that than actually.

Watch the 2 excellent reviews I linked. MKBHD & Mr Mobile are masters in their field.

Bobbin

Executive Member
I wonder if any other company would be able to buy and restructure this portion of LG? Or maybe just too much of a risk.

Markd

Expert Member
I really like my G7 honestly. nice clean Android OS on it with not too much other garbage, great performance for the price - damn. I don't want a Samsung >.< Guess I'm back to Motorolla.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
LG confirms up to three Android OS updates for premium smartphones

At the start of this week, LG announced its exit from the smartphone business. Despite this, LG is now officially confirming that all of its premium smartphones released after 2019 will receive three Android OS updates. LG specifies the G and V series devices as well as its newer Velvet series and the Wing.

This means the LG G8 series, LG V50, LG V60, the trio of LG Velvets and LG Wing are all in line for upgrades up to Android 13 as they all launched with Android 10. Midrangers like the LG Stylo 6 and certain LG K-series phones from 2020 will receive two OS updates so users can expect Android 12 as their last major upgrade.

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
The recent LG phones always looked good...but I was put off by the LG KP500 that must have been their first touch screen phones back in the day. My mom had one which meant I had to operate the thing when she didn't know what to do. One of the worst phones I have ever used. Sluggish and unresponsive don't begin the explain the nightmare of the handset

R0ee1c5c76d0268345ba2582513ac670c.jpg

Claymore

Executive Member
Sad to see them go. I had a V30+, and it was overall a very decent phone. My only issue was that the camera was decent, but not as good as it should have been.