LG unveils Optimus G Android smartphone

WesleyR

Will NEVER buy an LG phone ever again.... backup and support is non-existant to say the least.. Have the LG 3D phone, still sitting on Gingerbread and no reply from LG with regards to upgrading to ICS or Jellybean, very disappointing.

Nether

Expert Member
Bloatware was the worst ever on these phones, LG sucks when they plaster their rather amateur software over android.

Used to own a P970. Excellent phone on paper till you get to the UI layer.

nexxus

Regarding the P970, the phone itself is pretty good for the price. LG's Gingerbread update totally borked it to the point where I stopped using it because it was so slow as to be useless. Calls took 5 seconds to respond & even the unlock screen was jerky.

Dumped the LG software, rooted the phone & used Zeus (which is based off the LG stock) and it flies. Still, I'd liked not to have done that, so I'll steer away from any LG phone from now on sadly. None of their software is actually particularly useful anyway, I think they'd be better served by just sticking to a stock ROM.

defcomk

LG Never again should have gone for the SII. Look at the 4X HD Locked bootloader and all so if LG don't give you updates your stuck... SIII > G even with its Adreno 320 S4PRO Combo